Tooth WONT move

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracedSurgeryStudent

Tooth WONT move

#1 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Hey so I've noticed a LOT of progress EXCEPT this one tooth WON'T move. I've had some teeth that were more out of place than this one and that one moved really fast. But my top front tooth with the chip in it WONT move. My orthodontist said she would fix the chip as soon as the tooth rotated normal, and it Won't. Should I address to my orthodontist that it is not moving? Why would it not move? Should I be worried? Its been half a year almost in 3 weeks.
Jenn Medeiros

ArchWired28

Re: Tooth WONT move

#2 Post by ArchWired28 »

I have similar concerns, except that I am concerned about the molars. It can be that your front tooth cannot move until all the rest of your teeth move. That is why it takes so long. But I do understand your concern 100%... I don't think you should be worried, but ask about it during your next appt.
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

microbrew

#3 Post by microbrew »

I feel your pain too! Ive had my tops on for six months now and have noticed alot of the major movement stopped at around the three or four month mark. I know stuff is shifting around but it seems to be going awfully slow these days. I think its hard to notice tiny movements, especially in certain directions, but its still definitely happening.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#4 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Thanks, glad I am not the only one freaking out. I can understand why the tooth wouldnt move if there wasnt enough room for the first four months, but when I went in at the four month mark she did IPR to make room for the teeth, So I wouldn't understand why they wouldn't have moved even a milimeter by now. But yeah I should ask. It's really been bothering me because it makes it look like my overbite is only on one side now, and feel awkward to smile.
Jenn Medeiros

belenov

#5 Post by belenov »

im waiting for a tooth to move also. its very frustrating as its holding up the ortho from doing anymore to my top teeth. i wonder if it is the fact i have ceramic on top?

Crafter

#6 Post by Crafter »

Same here.

Teeth that were even worst moved fast, but my lateral incisor won't. My ortho said we are only waiting for that one to align to start correcting the overbite. Problem is, that the sucker just won't move!! I had a 10 months estimate and a deadline (the main reason for the speedy treatment) and now, 4 months in I can't make more progress because of that stubborn tooth. I asked my ortho if the remaining part of the treatment (the overjet correction) was slower than the aligning, she said that it takes some time then I remembered here that I have an important deadline (I am moving to another city) and she asked "when?" and I said "in 8 months" and she said "oh... so I still have 8 months"... honestly I felt dissapointed by that comment. It felt like she made and estimate out of the blue and now she has no idea when is she going to finish.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#7 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I don't know if I want to ask or not it's been 6 months maybe teeth arent supposed to be perfectly straight that fast.
Jenn Medeiros