8 extractions, no braces yet and moving teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nogoingback

8 extractions, no braces yet and moving teeth

#1 Post by nogoingback »

ok so after a painful week following 4 wisdom teeth and 4 premolar extractions i'm still in a bit of pain with one wisdom and a lower pre molar. but now i have a new distraction! my lower front teeth seem to be quietly moving into the extraction space. the teeth are still a bit numb from nerve damage during the surgery so it all feels weird but there is definitely some movement on this side which is where i had most crowding, to the point that my first molar is lying inwards impacted! over the last day my top front teeth feel really sensitive too! is this normal post extraction????
[/url]

sirwired

Re: 8 extractions, no braces yet and moving teeth

#2 Post by sirwired »

Yes, your bite is already shifting to de-crowd itself into the extraction spaces. If it shifts in a way your ortho doesn't want, it'll be easily corrected.

nogoingback

#3 Post by nogoingback »

ok great thanks for that sirwired. i can stop panicking!
[/url]

hydr0

#4 Post by hydr0 »

8 extractions in a week, wow!

That makes sense to me. My braces go on next week, and I've noticed teeth shifting around the gap from the 1 premolar that was extracted last week. My bottom teeth are crowding more too, from the pressure from the spacers. Looks like we are starting around the same time, good luck to you!