Getting braces put on in the morning!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mgjg1206

Getting braces put on in the morning!!!

#1 Post by mgjg1206 »

I am so very thankful to have found this website made for adults with braces, great idea by the way! I decided after several years of being embarrassed by my smile, to take the plunge and get braces. Well, I am very excited and nervous, as you can imagine, I'm sure you all were as well. Thanks to this website and message board, I feel somewhat prepared for sitting in the orthodontist chair; although, I don't think anything can prepare me to be surrounded by all the kids that may be there as well. Oh well, here's to taking the plunge and reaching a beautiful smile!!

GillyWeed

Re: Getting braces put on in the morning!!!

#2 Post by GillyWeed »

You are making a wonderful decision:) Tomorrow will be a breeze so don't be nervous. I wish you the best and keep us updated!
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

mgjg1206

#3 Post by mgjg1206 »

Thank you so much for the support. I was not prepared at all for how my teeth were going to look after the braces were on, as much as I thought I had prepared myself. I have upper and lower braces and could not have all my brackets placed due to the severe crowding of my teeth; which in turn I alos had some springs placed as well. Oh! My biggest issue so far has been the lack of the ability to eat normal, I have cement placed on my back molars to prevent me from biting down all the way....lets just say extremely annoying. Fortunately, there is no pain, just pressure at the moment. Again thanks for the support, I think I'm going to need it through my journey. :)

GillyWeed

#4 Post by GillyWeed »

I know! This forum is an absolute Godsend for us newbs :heart: I'm glad things went well and you've joined the metal mouth club! How are you feeling now?
You got molar build-ups? boo that sounds like a bummer but at least you aren't in any pain and you're BRACED!!!
Here's wishing you all the best in this journey and I can't wait to see all your progress :thumbsup:

-G
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

mgjg1206

#5 Post by mgjg1206 »

So far I'm feeling ok, I was really shocked when I first got them on but I am slowly getting used to them. My teeth don't hurt just the pressure I talked about and they are starting to rub some hot spots on the inside of my mouth...thank God for the wax, it's coming in handy. Oh, my other favorite item so far has been my water pik! Amazing, is all I can say. Thanks so much Gillyweed for being so supportive and reading my posts!

GillyWeed

#6 Post by GillyWeed »

Oh no worries! That's what this board is for, support:) Yeah, wax is pretty amazing when it comes to pokey wires and rough bracket edges. I also bought a waterpik but haven't gotten the knack of using it. The last time I tried I accidentally blasted my extraction site (which was quite fresh at the time) and it started to gush blood so I've been kind of fearful since but i'll give it a go again soon. I know it's an awesome tool.
-Gabrielle

Angel269

#7 Post by Angel269 »

Just wondered if you went for metal or ceramic/clear, thought I would ask when you mentioned about the sores in your mouth.

(I am hoping to start clear fixed soon, so was just after advice).

BrAcEr357

#8 Post by BrAcEr357 »

Congratulations on getting braces! Unfortunately like others on this forum it is my second time and believe it or not seeing same orthodontist I did when I was a kid. Hang in there it is worth it and wear your retainers.

I have been in metal uppers for over a month and a half now, I cannot wait to get my lowers on to get things going at full speed. Like many others I was concerned what others would think so far it has not changed a single thing.

I also love my waterpik. I cannot believe how well it cleans the brackets. How did I survive without one the first time.

I wish you all the best on your journey!