Help! I have really bad dry mouth.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mgjg1206

Help! I have really bad dry mouth.

#1 Post by mgjg1206 »

Anyone have any tricks or suggestions to help relieve dry mouth, if I can fix this I think I can be somewhat comfortable in my new braces. Thanks ALL!!

bbsadmin

Re: Help! I have really bad dry mouth.

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Try some of the Biotene products. You can find them in local drugstores. They are meant to help dry mouth.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Sita

#3 Post by Sita »

I use the Biotene Dry Mouth Gel. I like it because I can apply it to the areas I most need it. I find it works quite well.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

biancaisgreat

#4 Post by biancaisgreat »

I'm agreeing with the above posts in Biotene mouth wash and gel. My boyfriend even uses this even though he doesn't have braces and loves it.

mgjg1206

#5 Post by mgjg1206 »

Thanks ALL, I think I will be trying it.