What's the best color of bands for braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hopeless20312

What's the best color of bands for braces?

#1 Post by hopeless20312 »

My first month was black because my dentist said it would be sleek to look at. It turned out like I have eaten a squid everytime. LOL

My second band was metallic blue which I'm wearing now and I like it.

I don't know if I should just stay with this color or just try my luck on silver.

Beebop

Re: What's the best color of bands for braces?

#2 Post by Beebop »

I wouldn't go silver if you want discreet, the silver ligs make the brakets look bigger if you have metal brackets. My choice at the moMent to be discreet Is tooth coloured ligs. Not been brave enough to try colours yet!!

Huggypillow

#3 Post by Huggypillow »

Teal is really nice and the hot pink is nice too

Rusty'sMom

#4 Post by Rusty'sMom »

I think baby blue makes your teeth look white!
[Image
[/url]]

[Image
[/url]]

hopeless20312

#5 Post by hopeless20312 »

I'd only try to have dark-shaded colors.

DorkieDiva

#6 Post by DorkieDiva »

I think it really depends on what you're going for. I have full metal brackets and I get silver every time. I want them to be as discreet as possible considering I have a mouth full of metal and I've never had any issues with staining or discoloring.

spudly

#7 Post by spudly »

Can you just ask for different colours on the day or do you have to prepare the visit before ?

xanidu2012

#8 Post by xanidu2012 »

I have full metal braces. My 1st color choice was/is lavender which I like very much. They didn't stain or anything. At next adjustment going for red on top and blue on bottom since 4th of July coming up. :-*

nikkibabie19

#9 Post by nikkibabie19 »

My first colour was metalic blue...it was ok...but kinda bland not my style...

So had an appointment today and i got purple.....LOVING THEM..

I figure if im gonna have a mouth full of metal i might as well enjoy it and have a little fun with it...

Whoever has a problem with it, well that their problem....im gonna enjoy it :D i mean its my $ spending anyways...

Im not into the grey/ silver....its so......idk uncharacteristic (if thats the word i wanna use) its impersonal...

Im not a boring person...(not saying if u have silver/tooth coloured or grey that u are boring btw) i am fun and spritey always smiling...so i'd rather hav a colourful smile everytime :D

Next I'm gonna try a light pink

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

Jerseygirl

#10 Post by Jerseygirl »

I'm with Beebop - and am going for the 'discreet' look. I do not want to call attention to my mouth anymore than there already is with braces.

First set of ligatures were clear - they did stain. It was not super noticeable but I certainly could tell so at three weeks (which is how often my ortho changes my ligs) - I was ready for new ones. I do not eat curry or a lot of tomato sauce and I don't drink red wine. I DO drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day, so I assume that is what stained them.

2nd time around he offered me 'tooth colored' ligatures or 'ecru' color. They have been great - and are the least noticeable because they don't stain at all.
Tomorrow I return and it's been three weeks and I'd be fine with leaving them alone. But he will give me new ones for sure.

I have ceramics on top and metal on the bottom. On the bottom I have silver ligs and they look no different. They don't make the bracket look any bigger, they just blend in.

:)

Ceramic uppers and metal lowers
Estimated treatment time: 12-14 months

xanidu2012

#11 Post by xanidu2012 »

Isn't it fun playing around with the colors :-*

furious george

#12 Post by furious george »

I am planning to stay discreet on the top where I will have ceramics, but I may do colors on the bottom since I can't exactly downplay the metal anyway. I've been perusing that lig thread (highly recommended) for ideas.

I have a wedding to go to this summer, and I'm wearing a dark purple dress...but the shoes and accessories are all going to be a big splash of teal. I'm thinking I'm going to get matching teal ligs for that, how fun will that be?
Female, Age 37
Braced: 6/13/12
GAC In-Ovation C Top, Metal Bottom
Initial Estimated sentence: 12-14 months
SENTENCE EXTENDED: 18 months

Jerseygirl

#13 Post by Jerseygirl »

furious george wrote:I am planning to stay discreet on the top where I will have ceramics, but I may do colors on the bottom since I can't exactly downplay the metal anyway. I've been perusing that lig thread (highly recommended) for ideas.

I have a wedding to go to this summer, and I'm wearing a dark purple dress...but the shoes and accessories are all going to be a big splash of teal. I'm thinking I'm going to get matching teal ligs for that, how fun will that be?
Cool idea! Please try to post pics when you do this - I'd love to see it. Maybe I will try it myself on the bottom. :D

Ceramic uppers and metal lowers
Estimated treatment time: 12-14 months

njkonert

#14 Post by njkonert »

I started with silver on top and bubble-gum pink on the bottoms. And now have bubble pink on the top and bottom and love it!! I have had some responses from everyone :)

hopeless20312

#15 Post by hopeless20312 »

Truthgfully, I'm really having fun with colors of braces too.
[/url]