Bottoms done !

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spudly

Bottoms done !

#1 Post by spudly »

Hi everyone
Well today I had my bottom braces fitted ! I feel better as the worry and stress not knowing how it will feel is over :D
It was quick and painless ! They feel fine and I have no problems talking at all :D

The only :shock: I am having is the insides on my bands are cutting into my tounge and I can't get the silly way to stay on !!! All tips welcome :heart:
Age 48 years young
bands to be fitted 15th June
Bottom metal braces fitted 22nd June
Top ceramic fitted 20th July

nikkibabie19

Re: Bottoms done !

#2 Post by nikkibabie19 »

spudly wrote:Hi everyone
Well today I had my bottom braces fitted ! I feel better as the worry and stress not knowing how it will feel is over :D
It was quick and painless ! They feel fine and I have no problems talking at all :D

The only :shock: I am having is the insides on my bands are cutting into my tounge and I can't get the silly way to stay on !!! All tips welcome :heart:

Hi & WELCOME...Congrats.....Yes all the excitement is over for noe..(until u see movement) :D

How are you feeling now? I didnt have a problem talking either...I think sometimes i just have to not talk as fast because my cheeks can get caught in the hooks but other than that i am fine too...

Tips for the wax....try drying the area first (i used a cotton ball) then they wax usually stays on until i remove it

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

spudly

#3 Post by spudly »

Hi
Getting on fine, the braces do not hurt one bit still :D
Today the hooks and inside of the bands little tough edges just keep rubbing my cheek and tounge :x
I went and got some wax from boots and it really helps although I may have put so much on my cheeks I am actually staring to resemble a chipmunk :?

I bought some mouthwash and a soft small toothbrush as the dentist didn't say if I can use my electric brush or not :?:

I wonder will I always have to wear wax on my hooks or will my mouth get used to them :|
Anyway all in all going really well, just got to get first day at work over then all will be good .....until I get top braces !!! :tingrin:
Age 48 years young

MisterChris

#4 Post by MisterChris »

spudly wrote: I wonder will I always have to wear wax on my hooks or will my mouth get used to them :|
Like you I started with my bottoms first and at first the hooks were driving me crazy to the point I asked my ortho if I could snip them off since I didn't see a need for them lol. I never thought I would get used to them but I did and don't need wax any more

spudly

#5 Post by spudly »

:D oh that's so good to hear ! I found my self calculating how much this wax will cost me over 2 years at the rate I am using it !!

I take the wax out at night as I am scared I will swallow it all and choke :yuck:
As I am using about halfa box at a time right now it could be an issue :?

Today I feel better although still resembling a chipmunk ! But so excited its all starting :-)

Nobody has said much but I am sure they are thinking ..... Why why are ou doing this at yout age :roll:
Age 48 years young

Angel269

#6 Post by Angel269 »

Great to hear that your bottom braces are on :-)

Seems that you had your bottom ones fitted the day I had mine put on (I'm having uppers only) :-)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13