Should I have teeth removed, which kind of braces? *pics*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Marktee

Should I have teeth removed, which kind of braces? *pics*

#1 Post by Marktee »

kreyFL

Re: Should I have teeth removed, which kind of braces? *pics

#2 Post by kreyFL »

Maybe it's just the pictures, but I don't see what teeth would need to be removed? I would definitely go with good ol' fashioned braces. I have clear uppers and metal lowers. I can't really tell in the pics if you are actually biting down or not - the bite may take some time to correct but I would imagine you would have the standard 18 month sentence. Keep us posted on your decision!

Marktee

#3 Post by Marktee »

thanks kreyfl,

I have just visited an orthadentist who said he would shave less than 0.2mm off a few teeth and reckons I wouldn't need to remove any.

I could get away with just having the front and bottom 6 teeth done as the back ones are ok.

With all that said, I'd want them to be invisible, so lingual braces are about 4k. I didn't know you have to have a permanent kind of "fixing" afterwards as well as wearing a retainer everynight for the first 6 months and then a couple of times a week thereafter for the rest of my life. What a ball ache.

I'm saving for a house etc so just gonna have to grin and bare it for the time being.

kreyFL

#4 Post by kreyFL »

Marktee wrote:What a ball ache.
:lol:

It is - but as everyone here will echo, it's worth every penny and every annoyance in the long run. Wanting to go the invisible route does limit you - are you not a candidate for Invisalign, or just not willing to shell out that much money? It's not pocket change that's for sure. :?

Sometimes orthos will wait to do any filing or shaping until mid-treatment...it just depends.

I wish you nothing but the best!