milestone

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bovine

milestone

#1 Post by bovine »

I got braced about 7 months ago now, amazing how time has flown. If everythings correctly I only have 1.5yrs left.... Man that sounds like a long time.... My upper teeth have realigned nicely with a few gaps left behind my incisors. I'm told these will be closed after the biteplane that was installed comes out. Got the lowers braced yesterday as well.

Getting used to the BP is a bit of a challenge I'm finding. I can talk with a lisp but it's already lessening. My issue is eating mainly. Shakes, mashed taters, and pudding so far. I find I'm freaking starving though I'm filling my gut up. Any one have suggestions on what I can ingest? The gap that I have with the biteplane is a good 2-3mm so my jaw doesn't even come close to closing all the way.

I'm also debating about wax on the lower front brackets. My lip was rubbed pretty raw and sore by the end of work yesterday and I ended up waxing the brackets pretty good. I'm not sure if I want to keep doing this or just let my lip rip, bleed, heal, rip again, and finally start to build up a resistance to it like the insides of my cheeks did for the hooks for bands.

Moo

hidakat

Re: milestone

#2 Post by hidakat »

Use the wax for a few days to give your mouth time to heal, then see how you feel. Over time you'll develop thicker skin and soon it won't bother you anymore.

Lbroughman

#3 Post by Lbroughman »

When my lower brackets were rubbing on my lip I used the wax at night but not during the day. I found that it healed better that way. I sometimes had to durning the day if it got really bad but remember that if you wear it all the time your mouth will never get used to it. But I'm sure you already know this through experience with your uppers.

phasesofbeauty

#4 Post by phasesofbeauty »

Food Suggestions:

Cream of Wheat
Grits
Soft Scrambled Eggs
Oatmeal
Applesauce
Soft Mac and Cheese
Ice Cream
Yogurt
pudding
Sherbet
Helpful Information to Make Your Life More Frugal and More Fun!
https://krystalbrownblog.wordpress.com

nicolie825

#5 Post by nicolie825 »

Protein will make you feel fuller. Protein shakes, eggs, cheese, greek yogurt, etc