Teeth grinding each other on one side?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Angel21

Teeth grinding each other on one side?

#1 Post by Angel21 »

I notice sometimes when I'm eating, the teeth on one side sometimes accidentally hit into each other (the lower and upper canines), and it really hurts! However the other side is completely fine. Anyone else have this problem? Do I just need to get used to my new bite? :? (I'm nearing the end of treatment)

chichi

Re: Teeth grinding each other on one side?

#2 Post by chichi »

I have had that happen several times, but I'm not near the end of treatment. It tends to go away quickly since my teeth are still moving. It's probably worth mentioning to your ortho, though. I would be worried if that was my final tooth position and I'd be scared of chipping a tooth while eating.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

sirwired

#3 Post by sirwired »

Mention it to your ortho, but I imagine it's fine. In my case, it felt like my teeth were meeting wrong, but it was really one of my teeth scraping against a bracket. It was jarring when it happened, but it didn't happen often enough to damage anything.

Angel21

#4 Post by Angel21 »

I'll mention it at my next adjustment, it happens very rarely but hopefully there's a way to fix it. Might have to bring the top teeth a bit more forward?