How long for noticeable movement?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

smiley1305

How long for noticeable movement?

#1 Post by smiley1305 »

Hi guys!! I'm 22 and I just got my braces on last week! I had the top clear brackets placed on Monday and the bottom metal placed on Friday. Since then I feel like the spaces between some of my teeth have gotten smaller because it feels tight when I floss but I feel like I could be imagining it. I know it is way too early to tell probably but I was wondering how long was it until people could actually see a noticeable shift in their teeth?

mapleleafman888

Re: How long for noticeable movement?

#2 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Congrats on being braced! Yeah I don't think you're imagining anything, I noticed movement within 3-6 days.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Ciara

#3 Post by Ciara »

I noticed slight movement within the first 48 hours and very noticeable movement in the first week.

beckyboo0205

#4 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Yeah I agree with everyone else... I'm sure it's movement! I noticed a new gap in just 9 hours. It was just a tooth that rotated a tiny bit but made a new gap.

djspeece

#5 Post by djspeece »

I noticed the teeth falling into better alignment fairly quickly, and actual movement became apparent at different times, for different teeth. Right now, at 17 months in, the premolars on the bottom are finally starting to make their move with increasing speed. Sort of like getting an aircraft carrier underway. It takes a while, but when she does, don't get in her way.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

MrsCharisma

#6 Post by MrsCharisma »

Small spaces can disappear within hours with braces. It's truly fascinating.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

Orwellian

#7 Post by Orwellian »

It is different for everyone.

SJB1138

#8 Post by SJB1138 »

It took me a few weeks until I noticed a little gap between my bottom teeth, and my right lateral incisor coming out from it's little hidey hole.

It's pretty cool, I'm about 18 weeks into treatment and I've noticed a lot of improvement. I can't wait until a year passes!! :D

klcam

#9 Post by klcam »

It has been 2 weeks since I got my on and I haven't noticed a difference yet