excess glue

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ceramic mouth

excess glue

#1 Post by ceramic mouth »

:shock: just discovered that i have excess glue under my molar tubes reaching my gums. I had them put on my last adjustment a gew days ago. Will it be harmful to my gums? Can i scrape it myself? I am scared to losen the tubes if i try to do it myself. I am so ... disappointed i heard the ortho telling the assisstant: that is too much glue but he just yhen changed the subject and they didn't do anything about it!! :-+

sirwired

Re: excess glue

#2 Post by sirwired »

I don't think it's an issue unless it has a jagged surface catching food or if it feels like there's something jammed down in there (I don't know how close your bands are to your teeth.) It's more of a problem on teeth where you can actually see it.

I guess the question is: Would you have known about it if the ortho didn't mention it?

Certainly don't try and pick away at it yourself.

chichi

#3 Post by chichi »

It shouldn't be an issue. You can get it taken care of at your next adjustment if it's really bothering you.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

roxie2519

#4 Post by roxie2519 »

It will wear off once you start eating .. Takes about 4-5 days .. Chew some gum or tell ur dentist about it. That's her job!

ceramic mouth

#5 Post by ceramic mouth »

Thank you Sirwired, Chichi, and Roxie. I appreciate it :) I thought it might be silently hurting my gums or something :lol: but it's not bothering me at all. Happy it's not urgent.. will tell my ortho about it at my next adjustment.