2 months progress - WOW!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dantocanada

2 months progress - WOW!

#1 Post by dantocanada »

So I have to say, I was really starting to become a little annoyed with the whole braces thing - the inconvenience, constant aggravation, etc especially while I was on vacation in Europe for 2 week because I couldn't get my Waterpick or toothbrush charger to work on EU power. But I think the worst thing was that I thought really couldn't see any changes in my bottom teeth, which are the only ones braced right now.

Well, I got back last Saturday and went for my first adjustment on Monday and was I ever shocked. I guess because I hadn't taken any before pics, and had nothing to compare to, I really couldn't tell. But the first thing the Hygienist said was that she was impressed with the amount of movement, and showed me the photo from my records appointment. When you look straight on, you can't see, it but from the top it is quite surprising. I'm totally amazed at the difference in only 8 weeks. I even graduated to a new wire. I have to admit - after seeing the change, I'm now re-engaged and more committed than ever to this process. It's so strange finally seeing something start changing for the better that has been bothering me for my whole adult life.

Anyways, I took a picture of the before records pic (so excuse the quality as it's a photo of a photo - next time I'll ask them to email them to me) and I only have an iPhone camera, so the second picture isn't that great. But I think you'll get the idea.

Anna5

Re: 2 months progress - WOW!

#2 Post by Anna5 »

Great progress!!!

jhgsupra

#3 Post by jhgsupra »

That's awesome! I'm not even a week in and I keep thinking I see changes...probably not though. Huge change in the way I live. Hope I have the results you did. My ortho told me the top teeth will move faster than the lowers.

Nara29

#4 Post by Nara29 »

Only two months? Wow. Things are moving along nicely. Makes me more excited to start my orthodontic journey. :)

twister99

#5 Post by twister99 »

Awesome progress!!!

dahlia

#6 Post by dahlia »

Wow, that's pretty amazing! Congratulations on your progress so far -- I hope it continues apace!

Davidlusive

#7 Post by Davidlusive »

Great progress

Juicy2003

#8 Post by Juicy2003 »

Wow...that's great. Congrats on the progress. I can't wait to start my journey.

Ambrosia80

#9 Post by Ambrosia80 »

Great progress!! I saw results quickly, too! I couldn't believe it. :tingrin:
Damon braces- ceramic uppers, metal lowers

sentence: 15-18 months (Sept.-Dec. 2014)

mellyd107

#10 Post by mellyd107 »

How exciting!! Good for you!

wmd

#11 Post by wmd »

Holy cow, that is a huge difference!

Felina Grimm

#12 Post by Felina Grimm »

Wow! Awesome! I'm a bit jealous because I'm almost 3 months in and hardly any visible changes for me. :(
Sentence: 24 months, months served: 35 months
Traditional Full-Metal Brackets
Top: 9/9/2014
Bottom: 10/15/2014
Debonded: 8/7/2017

millersgirl

#13 Post by millersgirl »

Looking good! :jump:

samoorelaw

#14 Post by samoorelaw »

Great progress indeed! And THAT was three months ago: any updated pics?
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!