New here! Hello!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

katiedominique

New here! Hello!

#1 Post by katiedominique »

Hi everyone!! New here - making my first post. I'm 22 and I've just got braces (exactly one week ago today!) I've got traditional metal braces. My treatment plan is 12 months. I am already wearing elastics full time, which I have to do for approximately 4 months. My next appointment is in 2 months, is this normal? I thought it would be every month. I have an over jet and my two front teeth over lap, these are the main reasons I got braces. But my bottom front teeth are also quite crowded with two teeth particularly crooked. I've been in SO much pain this week, not going to lie... I am slowly able to eat solids again but of course not anything crunchy. I had my first slice of (soft) toast yesterday! Yay! Here's to my braces journey! I'll post pics when I'm able...

strinder

Re: New here! Hello!

#2 Post by strinder »

Welcome and congratulations on getting your braces fitted. I've been given 2 months until my first adjustment so I'm sure it's normal :)

WanderingWallflower

#3 Post by WanderingWallflower »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your braces! Looking forward to pictures.

Tyrantblade

#4 Post by Tyrantblade »

Length between adjustments is longer at the early stages and shorter near the end; I have Self Ligating braces and first had 3 months between adjustments, and probably over the past 6 or 7 months it's been about 1.5m between adjustments.

Self Ligating braces normally mean longer periods of time between adjustments, so I think 2 months to start with for traditional braces is probably normal.

Welcome to the club, and it's not all bad, IMO it's a lot less rough near the end as I usually can eat like normal the same day or at worst the next day instead of after 3 days of not chewing anything.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17