Oh no =(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

caringiscreepy

Oh no =(

#1 Post by caringiscreepy »

I just got my bottom braces on yesterday and when I woke up this morning they were hanging off one side - 3 brackets had come off. Has anything similar to this happened to anyone else? I think I bang my teeth together in the night and I'm wondering if that caused it.

I can't get to the orthodontist til atleast Monday so I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself with all the pain and pokey wires :(

Braces on: 13th July 2005
Estimated Treatment Time: 18 months

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

caringiscreepy. congratulations on getting the bottom's on. Sorry you had a bad experience. If you haven't already called your ortho, you might do so. You should be able to cut the excess wire off, so it is not poking you. You don't want that thing going through your cheek during the night!
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

BraceFace13

#3 Post by BraceFace13 »

Well, I don't really care... caring is creepy. :wink:

caringiscreepy

#4 Post by caringiscreepy »

Attagirl2 wrote:caringiscreepy. congratulations on getting the bottom's on. Sorry you had a bad experience. If you haven't already called your ortho, you might do so. You should be able to cut the excess wire off, so it is not poking you. You don't want that thing going through your cheek during the night!
I called this morning, the receptionist said she'd phone me back but she never did ... and by 3pm they'd closed =(
:shock: I'm going to be scared to sleep now!

Braces on: 13th July 2005
Estimated Treatment Time: 18 months

Lala7603

#5 Post by Lala7603 »

i had something kind of like that happen. Only, i had a few pop off on the bottom like 15 mins after i got them on. I was down the street and had to turn around. You really arent losing any progress since u just got them on. Just call....its too hard to try to get them to call back...lol...if they are painful...because of the broken pieces, make sure to let them know!

SMIles

Lala
Braces On: November 21, 2003
Braces Off: December 17, 2004
Braces Back On: November 6, 2007
Braces Back Off: 2008

Attagirl2

#6 Post by Attagirl2 »

Don't worry about going to sleep. If the wire is laying next to your arch, it probably won't hurt anything. I had that happen when I lost the last bracket on my lower arch. I had to go the weekend - there were no problems. I only mentioned it because you said you were getting poked. If you are getting poked, have a friend get some nail clippers or wire cutters and cut the wire off next to the last attached bracket - just be sure you don't swallow until you are sure the wire is not in your mouth. Your ortho can replace the wire when you get the brackets put back on.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

mariahfromchicago

#7 Post by mariahfromchicago »

After one got reglued on I went to bed and it fell off in my sleep.
- mariah :heart: