Fangs (Canines) and Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JN_Woods

Fangs (Canines) and Braces?

#1 Post by JN_Woods »

I was wondering if anyone with "fangs" could tell me exactly what orthodontics does for this. Do they whip around and are less noticeable. Does your dentist or ortho file them down? Do you have to go get them capped? Mine are pretty much even with my other teeth, but just pointy. I'm hoping this will make mine look better (as well as my other issues). Thanks!

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

shinyam

#2 Post by shinyam »

My caninese looked like fangs because they were sticking out. Now that they are completely vertical, they are less noticable.

I think they add character, and am glad that I have them. I think your dentist can file them down so they are not as sharp.

camille4824

#3 Post by camille4824 »

My 'fangs' were QUITE noticable before being braced...and I was also blessed with severe crowding too...

Since being braced, my 'fangs' are much less noticable...even to me...and that was a huge issue for me....didn't like those 'fangs'!!
not sure how I will truly feel about them until this treatment is finished....but for now....they look great and I don't think I will get them filed.......that was the plan....Plan changes as my teeth do! :wink:
Pendulum worn 10/12/04 until 4/19/05
Braced on top 1/19/05
Bottom braced 4/19/05
Damon 3 brackets

dstef

#4 Post by dstef »

Hi ppl, I had my lateral incisors extracted and now my canines are taking over their positions, I was just wondering if anyone knows what can be done to my canines to make them look more like lateral incisors, my dentist hasn't said a word about any cosmetic surgery. :cry:

Ice

#5 Post by Ice »

Dont worry!

My fangs looked shocking at first because just the points were coming out, and I didnt think they would ever look normal, but now aside from being bigger and longer then the other teeth, the look fine!

BraceMD

#6 Post by BraceMD »

Now that my fangs are in line with the rest of my teeth, they're not nearly as noticeable. Once I am out of braces I am going to have the dentist file them down so they're not so sharp.
Damon 3's 5/22/05
Unbraced 10/2/06

Permanant bonded retainer on bottom, bite positioner, and Hawley retainer at night...

Click www to see pics!

Jay87

#7 Post by Jay87 »

I have two ve-eeee-ry big fangs on my top jaw, but i haven't had my braces in yet. How long did you have your braces on for, to put your fangs in line with your other teeth? Please reply back.

fins

#8 Post by fins »

delete

Misty4u

#9 Post by Misty4u »

It didn't take that long at all for mine to come down.

butterfly

#10 Post by butterfly »

I have one beautiful fang next to a gap while the other half of my mouth is almost normal (how nice is THAT) - just click the www for pics. I really hope that this baby will move in line as soon as possible!
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner