Kissing

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amychelle

Kissing

#1 Post by amychelle »

This board is for adults, right?

Ok, then I want to talk about kissing.

I recently had a rather heavy makeout session and regret the fact that I didn't think to wax-up beforehand, as dorky and unattractive as that might sound. My spacer wire nearly ate my lip when things got a little aggressive.

Anybody else want to chime in and make me feel like less of a nerd about this?

Also, does anybody else have any comments about "style?" I was told that I don't kiss any differently, but I have trouble believeing that.

( I swear I'm a good girl! Everybody needs a little sugar now and then! :wink: )

TheSilverSmileChileno

#2 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

humm
"My spacer wire nearly ate my lip when things got a little aggressive.
"

what really are you talking about with that?

well since i got my braces on, ive been kissing a lot more than ever.

and i had never have anyproblem with them, i even kissed a girl 3 days after i got them, the girl just asked, did something hurt? and i laffed.

rather than that, no problems at all

keep getting fun :)
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

Trixxcuit

#3 Post by Trixxcuit »

I find kissing no problem. Except after I got my bottom braces and was sensitive then I was in a little pain.. But I've found it doesn't really affect much. hehe your not a nerd for this

mackenzie

#4 Post by mackenzie »

I kinda chaffed up part of my lip one time...but I've been really busy since getting braces so unfortunatley that area of my life is on hold right now...

Dee

#5 Post by Dee »

That area of my life is definately on hold due to my husband being in Iraq :( . However I look forward to exploring this question when he returns :lol:

TheSilverSmileChileno

#6 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

Dee wrote:That area of my life is definately on hold due to my husband being in Iraq :( . However I look forward to exploring this question when he returns :lol:
bet you will, in that case, YOU have to be carefull!

:oops:
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

fenderella

#7 Post by fenderella »

Kissing hasn't been much of a problem for me. My bf says he can feel them a little bit when we french....but we've been having bigger problems with another oral situation (because of the braces)....sigh :cry:

"Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts. "
Jim Morrison

amychelle

#8 Post by amychelle »

....but we've been having bigger problems with another oral situation (because of the braces)....sigh
I haven't had any problems there. :wink: He shouldn't be afraid.

mackenzie

#9 Post by mackenzie »

Me neither, I just kind of wrap my lips around my teeth. Kind of make the "old person with their dentures out" look with your mouth. Now doesn't that sound sexy? :wink:

fenderella

#10 Post by fenderella »

LOL! That's a good tip!

He says that he can feel something in my mouth scratch him. And whatever it was (one of the brackets, I'm sure), left a red mark. I think it might be this one archwire that is covering an open area where I had a molar pulled.

There's got to be a technique to it! LOL! It'll just take some practice, I guess. ANd maybe some more dental wax :lol:

"Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts. "
Jim Morrison

dubnobass

#11 Post by dubnobass »

This will sound rubbish but I haven't kissed my husband since May thanks to the braces. He's had the odd gentle bump on the lips, usually followed with an "ow!" by me, but that's it. Frankly, there's no way, not with these sore and rubbery teeth :(
I don't think he minds, since he doesn't find the braces visually appealing anyway. I think he'd rather I keep my distance.

As for anything else, forget it!
It's OK, we always did "things" on a calendar scale anyway.
And usually a calendar displayed on a single page, y'get me? :oops:

Brodie

#12 Post by Brodie »

I just braces on last Thursday, and like Kiwi said..if anything My girlfriend has been "trying to be gentle." I have to remind her that it doesn't hurt.

Tin Man

#13 Post by Tin Man »

I wish I knew. It's been almost a year and well...yeah that's pretty pathetic.
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!

TheSilverSmileChileno

#14 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

Tin Man wrote:I wish I knew. It's been almost a year and well...yeah that's pretty pathetic.
bhaa cmon dude!! is not that bad

before i got my braces, i didnt kiss a single female, for like humm 10 years? lol

i was such a nerd, now i look so hot with my braces, i cant handle all the girls... :wink:
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

BraceFace13

#15 Post by BraceFace13 »

Don't feel bad... the last time I kissed was, well... never. :lol: