Patience is a Virtue!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

momof2grlz

Patience is a Virtue!

#1 Post by momof2grlz »

Today is my one-year anniversary in braces! :banana: :dance:

The first year has gone by pretty quickly, but I'm starting to get anxious to be finished and I'm not anywhere close yet. Hopefully, I only have another year left.

Just be patient, just be patient, just be patient!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

caryca

#2 Post by caryca »

congrats on your aniversary mark:-)
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

littleshaddies

Re: Patience is a Virtue!

#3 Post by littleshaddies »

HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY!!! :-)o
I hope it is the last one too.

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

Awesome! Happy Anniversary! Patience is definately a virtue...together we'll all make it... :D someday...
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

momof2grlz

#5 Post by momof2grlz »

Thanks, everyone! My ticker shows less than 12 months now. Yea!

Evelyn, I just noticed that you've been braced for 3 years! I have no right to be whining about a year.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

CelestialVoices

#6 Post by CelestialVoices »

Congratulations! :)

Evelyn

#7 Post by Evelyn »

momof2grlz wrote: Evelyn, I just noticed that you've been braced for 3 years! I have no right to be whining about a year.
awww you do have a right, no matter how long you've had them braces are a pain and no one wants to deal with them. Three years s*cks. Majorly. But there's really nothing I can do except complain on my website :cry: and stare at my teeth in the mirror for hours imagining what they'd look like without the braces. It's been so long I forget what I looked like without them. I forget what it feels like to not have to laugh with your mouth closed when eating and to not have to unhook your cheeks from them in the morning, to play clarinet without this huge metal tearing up your lips/cheeks, but most of all to smile in the mirror and be proud of what I see. All I can do is trust and hold on to the tenuous string that is hope. These days I can hardly even see it, I just have to trust that it's there and that the end result will be worth all that we've been through. As Anna Nalick said, there's a light at each end of the tunnel you shout 'cause your just as far in as you'll ever be out....

Patience is a virtue, it's a lesson hard learned and all we can do is sit tight and hope that debanding will make it all worth it and that that day will eventually come...someday....someday...someday.....as I said before, together we'll make it

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

LiveWire

#8 Post by LiveWire »

Congrats to you momof2grlz! The time will fly by for you... :D

Evelyn..sorry that you have had to wear them for yhears...hopefully your time is coming soon...keep positive...if you can! :)

Take care..

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

dkt3

#9 Post by dkt3 »

Evelyn at least you can say your beautiful smile and teeth were well worth the wait!! and for the rest of you life you will only see two perfect rows of pearly whites and know that you earned the right to smile bigger than anyone else.