cavaties with braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chr1ssy711

cavaties with braces?

#1 Post by Chr1ssy711 »

I just had a cleaning and my dentist said i have 2 cavaties, which doesn't come as a shocker, but i was just wondering if getting them filled is any different with braces on.

One of them is a molar with the band around it, and the other one is the one right in front of it.

I am such a scaredy of the drill so i take valum, and listen to my ipod, but do you think the noise will be louder, or the pain worse?

With the novacaine will it make me scrape my cheeks more on my brackets....

im just blambering but im nervous it will be worse, and i hate it already.

Thanks!
Chrissy, 20
ceramic Braces
http://www.myspace.com/chr1ssy711Myspace
http://www.chrissytina.comMy Photo site

violinist

cavities

#2 Post by violinist »

if u wear braces nd have a cavity the archwire will be removed.

broochie

#3 Post by broochie »

Chr1ssy711, curing cavities at the dentist should not cause any pain anymore! The most painful should be the freezing shot to numb the tooth before the procedure itself. And the drill is not much used anymore!
Don't worry, everything will be fine, dentists have come a long way.

broochie

#4 Post by broochie »

KK, what I meant by "not much used anymore" was not in terms of being replaced by something else, what I meant was that it's much faster and efficient and therefore used for a much shorter period of time. Gone are the endless sessions that I remember from my childhood. Sorry if I wasn't too clear.

brandee987

#5 Post by brandee987 »

I have had 2 teeth filled since being braced and it was a snap. They didnt remove the arch wire or anything. I didnt have any novacaine because the decay was very small. Good Luck!
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

akabraces

#6 Post by akabraces »

I had cavities filled with my braces and it wasn't a problem, well, other than the cavities! There was no extra scraping on my cheeks or anything...it went very smoothly...good luck!

*aka

Keith

#7 Post by Keith »

I had about 5 or 6 cavities filled while I was in braces. There were no problems.

lisaemtp

#8 Post by lisaemtp »

I haven't gotten my braces on yet and my dentist told me I need a cavity filled. I couldn't get an appointment for three weeks, but she told me it would be OK to do it after the braces go on. Thanks for posting, I was curious about that too.

Lisa

Dovechild20

#9 Post by Dovechild20 »

I actually have a cavity in my wisdom tooth that needs to be filled, but im pretty used to filling cavities, i have 14! lol