just a quick question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

secretagent437

just a quick question

#1 Post by secretagent437 »

hello everyone...i am currently wearing rubber bands and have a gap. It seems that every time i go to bed my gap gets bigger...But slowly as the day goes on it goes back to normal...By the way it isn't closed all of the way yet.

Thanks
Joe

leah

elastic

#2 Post by leah »

HI Secretagent,
I'm a little confused over your question, first how are you wearing your elastics? And are you using them to close a gap or open one? If you could please give us a little more info im sure someone will know the answers you need
best wishes
Leah
lower wisdom teeth cut out 1/27/05 (ouch)
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05
Naked as of August 28, 2006

secretagent437

oops

#3 Post by secretagent437 »

well...here are some pictures. i don't know if they are closing my gap but they are closing my bite..i think the power chain is closing my gap. ok thanks

Here are some pictures:

The gap shows in picture two...it may be small but still.

-Joe
Joe

leah

re

#4 Post by leah »

First of all your teeth look beautiful........ :D . It seems that your elastics are to close your bite and the chains to keep things togther.
I think i'm right about this, if anyone know differently please add in input
best wishes

Leah

edit for spelling
lower wisdom teeth cut out 1/27/05 (ouch)
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05
Naked as of August 28, 2006

secretagent437

thanks

#5 Post by secretagent437 »

Lol..thanks! where the gap was i was supposed to get bonding but i'm not a big fan of that...Thanks for the replies!

-Joe
Joe

LoobyLou

#6 Post by LoobyLou »

I agree your teeth look beautiful...how much longer do you have to go? Are you having problems opening your mouth and teeth to talk and chew? The bands look like they're clamping your teeth together pretty tightly!!! I can't think what they could be doing but I'm sure your ortho knows what he/she's doing!!

xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

secretagent437

not much longer

#7 Post by secretagent437 »

well i was estimated to be done by January but i am hoping i can get them off earlier! haha all of the pain lol As for the rubber bands..i got used to them. But the first day! Oh man! They were horrible! but thankfully i do not eat with them in...Thanks for the replies!

-Joe
Joe