Wisdom Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fearthetenor

Wisdom Teeth

#1 Post by fearthetenor »

I knew that it would happen eventually during my orthodontic treatment.

Alongside my orthodontist, I've been under the care of an Oral Surgeon for my TMJ. My oral surgeon decided a few days ago, after reviewing x-rays, that it's time for my wisdom teeth to come out.:-+ So naturally, my wisdom teeth are impacted and stuck in my jaw. Fun, eh?

I was wondering if any of you had this done. And if you did, did it aggravate your braces or complicate your orthodontic treatment in any way?

Thank you!
top braces: Jan 30, 2004
bottom braces: Apr 23, 2004
metal top & bottom

originally sentenced to 24 months
sentence extended to 36 months (minimum)!!!
tmj splint= 6 additional months (they're keeping the braces on)