7 month update with pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gable74

7 month update with pics

#1 Post by Gable74 »

its been 7 months already.......they are just flying by. Went in Friday and they finally had enough room to hook onto the one stragling tooth that was behind the rest. Cant wait till that one gets in line. Anyway, here are some progress pics showing a timeline. I stopped taking pics around the 4th month because nothing was really happening. Now that the one tooth is hooked up, i will be taking weekly pics again. I think if you hold your mouse over the picture, it will give you the option to zoom in.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/g ... pare_2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/g ... pare_1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/g ... pare_3.jpg

objectinspace

#2 Post by objectinspace »

Nice improvement! Your teeth look, well looked, very similar to mine. I have some crowding at the top and my 4 lower front teeth are raised up. I've only had braces on for 5 days though so no progress yet. How long is your total treatment time expected to be?

jimmy18

#3 Post by jimmy18 »

They are looking great. Nice to see that you have had a lot of movement thus far.

I wish I would have thought about taking weekly pictures of my teeth like you have. I am going into my 11th week tomorrow, maybe I will start doing it now.

jenns91civic

#4 Post by jenns91civic »

Hey, nice progress!! I love how you have your pics arranged like that. You should keep a printout of that with you so when you feel discouraged you can look and remind yourself of how far you've come so far.

In the words of Darth Vader..."Impressive....very impressive."
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

giantfigure

#5 Post by giantfigure »

impressive!!! very clearly visible progress, interesting to see how crowding has slowly gone.
My bottom is similar in crowding. I hope by week 9, mine will get better too :)

Plus, liked the concept of chronologically arranged pics!
^^ Top ceramic, Bottom metal
^^ Duration of treatment: 18 months

OneBluCrayon

#6 Post by OneBluCrayon »

How very diligent on your weekly photos. They look exactally alike. Very cool. Mine, well... After a few months it wasnt every week that i took pics, and they look a lil diff each time but... I still get the overall effect.

You could do a very nice video progress with your pics.

Anyhow. Your teeth are looking great. :P
If you're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!
Banded: Dec 24, 2004

Gable74

#7 Post by Gable74 »

Thanks for the replies everyone. In response to "objectinspace" my treatment time was set at 2 years, or as i like to think of it, 730 days...LOL.

Once we get that one lazy tooth in line with the rest (doc says 2-3 months) We can do the 4 extractions. The top get 2 pre-molars extracted and the bottom gets the two teeth just behind the canines....not sure of the name of those. So i guess we will see how close he is. My teeth have moved rather quickly, so i hope that trend keeps up.

Gable74

#8 Post by Gable74 »

I had a couple questions maybe someone could answer for me regarding the PICs i posted.

1. My top front teeth, In the 1st pic, the left tooth is relatively straight. Across the bottom is level as well, but as time progressed it still looked staight but the bottom became quite unlevel, any idea why?

2. My bottom front teeth, the brackets are all pretty well lined up and the teeth look good when looking "DOWN" on them. However from a frontal point of view, they are not even with each other across the top. How is this corrected if the brackets are inline and staight? Do you know what i mean?

ScoopBrady

#9 Post by ScoopBrady »

I can't answer any of your questions (sorry), but I just wanted to say that your teeth are looking AWESOME. Also, your pics are terrific! Wish I was that technologically capable.

Keep on truckin', man!