Help!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

x_Ashley_x

Help!

#1 Post by x_Ashley_x »

Ok so i need some tips...
1. How do i make my teeth stop hurting? :cry:
2. I have 9 sores in my mouth..wut do i do? :shock:
My braces are just making my mouth in a lot of pain... i need some tips please! :!: :!: :wink:
:ouch: :soremouth:

mattrivers

#2 Post by mattrivers »

Ok so i need some tips...
1. How do i make my teeth stop hurting? Crying or Very sad
2. I have 9 sores in my mouth..wut do i do? Shocked
For me Tylenol works pretty well for pain and my ortho recommended rinsing my mouth out with salt water for sores when I first got my braces.

Matt

johnnys_angel

#3 Post by johnnys_angel »

1. Unfortunately, pretty much everybody with braces has some pain at some point or another, and you just get to sit tight for a few days.
2. One word: WAX!! This will be one of your best friends during your braces journey! As to healing the sores, some people swish saltwater in their mouth, or put a 'glob' of bakins soda directly on the sore. These are somewhat painful, but only sting for a minute or two. The only other thing I can think of is OraBase, it's sort of a creamy toothpastey-consistancy and numbs your sores for like two hours.
Good luck, and I hope your mouth feels better soon!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

BraceUrself

#4 Post by BraceUrself »

Hello & Welcome to the boards! I am a fellow Californian as well. Definitely take some pain meds-THEY HELP ALOT! Also, be patient because the pain really does lessen as the days go by-Believe it or not, it does.
I also reccomend the salt water rinses & several times a day too-I read on here from ALOT of people to rinse with salt water before I was braced-I never realized how important they are until I had the braces on so I do it several times a day for sores that may arise & they feel really good & are very soothing to your mouth! Good luck, don't lose hope & remember, your teeth will be BEAUTIFUL in the end-It is all worth it! Hang in there! :D
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

Ashley!
I use advil or ibuprofen for braces pain. You should use lots of wax and like KK said warm salt water rinses.
Good luck with your treatment and I hope you feel better!

-Hannah :frogbraces: