Is This Normal???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracie381

Is This Normal???

#1 Post by gracie381 »

My bottom molar on my right side feels really strange. It almost feels loose. When I press my tongue against it, it kind-of pops! :shock: I know I've heard people say on here that their teeth feel loose when they move. Is this what this is? I've had my braces on for 12 days now, and I didn't notice this till a couple of days ago. I usually eat on this side of my mouth because I have pretty new fillings on my left side and it's still hard to chew on them. When I got my braces, it was only a couple of days before I could eat pretty normal again. Now, I can still eat, but the last couple of days it's been a little tender when I chew on that molar. Is this just normal. My molar band hits on my bracket on this side also, so it's kind-of difficult to eat anway. I was starting to eat chicken strips and stuff like that and it wasn't bothering me, but the last couple of days it has. I haven't noticed any movement at all, but like I said it's only been 12 days. I do notice I can floss a little easier between my back teeth and also beside this molar that feels weird. Any suggestions??
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

mackenzie

#2 Post by mackenzie »

Sounds normal, one of my teeth has done that.

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

Its normal for teeth to feel loose. But if your molar band is hitting opposing brackets, make sure the ortho knows. You don't want any trauma to the tooth. Just let him know to be on the safe side. They expect calls from "newbies" at the beginning stages, don't worry. :wink:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

mtbrncofn

#4 Post by mtbrncofn »

Yep, that's the pop I felt too and panicked about. It'll go away in a week or two. And yes, I could see a few of my teeth wiggling when I pushed against them with my tongue, when I was hearing the pop and crackle. So no worries!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

dkt3

#5 Post by dkt3 »

I had exactly the same after about three weeks of braces and it is totally normal.

gracie381

#6 Post by gracie381 »

Thanks you guys. My ortho does know about my molar band hitting my bracket. There really is no way around it until my teeth start moving. Good to know it's normal. I'm heading off on vacation today and didn't want any dental problems along the way. Thanks again!!
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

mackenzie

#7 Post by mackenzie »

Have fun!

sugar_rush

#8 Post by sugar_rush »

Yea, one of my top teeth hit on the metal bracket on the bottom and it's so hard to chew, it was at the start. And one of my friend's teeth started fully wobbling and it look like it was going to come out, but it didn't, it was just moving down and then became stable. So don't worry about that.