Taking the plunge Thursday 8am

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kellyonz100

Taking the plunge Thursday 8am

#1 Post by kellyonz100 »

Hey guys,

I had my consultation on Monday. I have just a few minor problems, a few crooked teeth and a tooth that needs to be pulled down. I also need my bite ajusted just a bit. I got my x-rays and impressions after the intial consultation. My ortho said I will be done on about a year maybe 18 months, but closer to a year. We agreed to go with ceramics on top and I was going to do the same on the bottom, but no one really sees the bottom, so I will go for metal. I get my braces on Thursday..just the top for now. I am lucky, I didn't need any extractions, spacers, or molar bands. Phew!!!

I do have one concern. I have to be at work that day...I am a radio personality and have to spend a few hours talking. Do you think this will be a problem? I have had mixed answers from friends who have had braces.

It feels good to finally be doing this, although I was told when I was 13 I didn't need braces. I'm 26 and I am taking the plunge. No looking back now :D

kellyonz100

#2 Post by kellyonz100 »

Thanks so much Kiwi!!! I have read many of your posts. I am a tab bit nervous. Overall, I think once they are on, I'll be cool. I am just contemplating whether or not to get colored ligs when they first put them on.

I read that lip balm is a must. It made my lips hurt when they used them for the pictures. Icky. I did get to get chocolate flavored molds...LOL!

I know there are a few different brands of ceramics. Is there one in particular you would suggest or you have heard good things about? Please let me know. I hope to take some pictures soon. :P

LiveWire

#3 Post by LiveWire »

Good Luck kellyonz100!

Hope that everything goes well with your process and that you are pleased with the brackets that your ortho uses..MMM chocholate moulds.. :lol: lucky you! I had that awful tasting pink stuff...yuk :shock:

Your teeth will be sore for the first week or so, but I am super happy that I chose to go ahead with braces and have already seen movement in just a few weeks! :D

Good luck and take care!

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#4 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

Mine did not get sore til the next day, But it was really bad for a week
Good Luck
Braced Sept-27-05