Mostly women in braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

Mostly women in braces?

#1 Post by genxsis »

I just noticed something curious as I was reading "Stories from our Readers" on the archwired.com site. As I was checking out all the stories people wrote, I noticed the vast majority of writers are women.

I'm a man at 34 years of age and am considering taking the plunge. But do many men do this at this age. At first glance, it seems not!

ThatsMrsGeek2U

#2 Post by ThatsMrsGeek2U »

I have no idea if there are actually more women than men that get braces, but your post made me wonder...is it that or could it be that women are just more likely to post their story and men are more likely to just come here are read without posting? :D

CelestialVoices

#3 Post by CelestialVoices »

I wouldn't know if more women than men are getting braces either.

Doug

#4 Post by Doug »

There's quite a few of us guys on this site, but yeah probably the majority of members are women. During my treatment I did see other adult men with braces at the ortho.

One of the best decisions I ever made!

( and MrsGeek: BEST AVATAR EVER!)

mackenzie

#5 Post by mackenzie »

I'm a hostess/waitress at a restaurant so I see a lot of people and I'd say its about equal from what I've seen.

camille4824

#6 Post by camille4824 »

My hubby has seen the major improvement in my teeth, and adores it.........
He just made the descision last week to be braced at 34 yrs old to correct the gap in between his front teeth.....so another man to be braced :) just thought I'd share.........really excited for him! :D ....since he at first was like---NO WAY....stubborn ol' man finally turned soft :lol:
Pendulum worn 10/12/04 until 4/19/05
Braced on top 1/19/05
Bottom braced 4/19/05
Damon 3 brackets

Grapefruit

#7 Post by Grapefruit »

I've only seen one GROWN MAN at my orthos...I've seen plenty of grown women, with their daughters or by themselves.

Maybe they are to wussy to get these babies on!!! hehe j/k

Its a really interesting topic, I wonder what everyone else has to say...

bye! and good luck with your decision!!
--i luv sports.......and shoes--

S_Ranger

#8 Post by S_Ranger »

Maybe women are more into their appearance than men. Not true in all cases of course but just a majority thought.

Huon

Men with braces

#9 Post by Huon »

Here's an adult Australian male who has recently had braces but I haven't seen another in years, although I've seen plenty who needed them.
My impression is that women care more about their dental health and appearance than men do.
That being said, there is no need for a man to hold back. The world ignored my braces and I had virtually no comments. The couple that I had were positive.
Huon