Anyone Getting Braced Nov 4th?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

serendipity

Anyone Getting Braced Nov 4th?

#1 Post by serendipity »

I'm getting braced on the 4th of November - anyone else getting braced on the same day :shock: - it would be cool to have a bracer buddy :D Then we can winge about the pain and rejoice in the improvements together lol :wink:
<Don't worry I'll still winge and rejoice with you guys that are already braced> :lol:
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

Gel

getting braced

#2 Post by Gel »

Hey, I'm getting braced on the 22 of Nov. I'm having my 2nd bicuspids removed on the 8th. Is that close enough?

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

H Rogers

#3 Post by H Rogers »

I already have ceramic braces on the top but I do get braced on the bottom on November 4th, those will be metal. Good luck Serendipity, everything will be just fine. I used my blender quite a bit the first week.

serendipity

#4 Post by serendipity »

Gel: lol, yeah thats pretty close - thanks for your reply! :D

H Rogers: Sounds like a bracer date lol - thanks for the tip, I'll keep the board posted on my progress. Good luck :D

princess fang

getting braced on the 2nd of November

#5 Post by princess fang »

Hey, I'm the closest yet! I had 2 extractions today (I was a total baby but you can read about that in my brace story) and on the 2nd my braces go on, just the top teeth for now and bottom ones later... I've stocked up on painkillers and I'm terrified and excited... wanna be brace buddies?

serendipity

#6 Post by serendipity »

Hi :D Yeah sounds like a plan...keep me posted on how you go on the 2nd.... :P I've got 3 more sleeps till the big B-Day like you I'm nervous and excited at the same time...I'll keep you posted!

kkalex

Re: getting braced on the 2nd of November

#7 Post by kkalex »

princess fang wrote:Hey, I'm the closest yet! I had 2 extractions today (I was a total baby but you can read about that in my brace story) and on the 2nd my braces go on, just the top teeth for now and bottom ones later... I've stocked up on painkillers and I'm terrified and excited... wanna be brace buddies?
Tell us how it went!

2XRound

Braced today

#8 Post by 2XRound »

I got braced today, 5 hours ago. I am right behind you. You were lucky not to have to endure spacers,they were rough. Do you have turbos? I do and can't close my mouth. It looks like my lovely all metal mouth will be on display 24/7. PS the pain is rising in my mouth, how are you doing? :roll:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;29;124/st/20130308/e/Full+Braces+were+applied/k/91e6/event.png[/img]

[color=#0080FF]
[size=150]Alexandra (Alex)[/size][/color]

serendipity

#9 Post by serendipity »

2XRound: I was braced yesterday, whoa I agree with you - weirdest feeling in the world - feels like someone has just constructed a barbed wire fence in my mouth. Eating isn't the greated in the world - had scambled eggs for dinner - surely that wouldn't get stuck :shock: wrong again.

I'm feeling okay I suspose, like you I'm thinking " how in the world are you ever susposed to get used to this" but I guess you do and hey - one day closer to a great smile. I don't have turbo's well I don't think I do what are they? :? Developing nice little scores in my mouth, how lovely :roll:
Let me know how your going - talk to you later.

bmadison1001

braced on the 3rd

#10 Post by bmadison1001 »

Hey, I am new here, I just got braced on the 3rd. It hasn't been too bad as far as pain, except for the inside of my cheeks. I haven't been able to eat anything but tomato soup. I just feel immense pressure inside my mouth. How is everybody else doing?

serendipity

#11 Post by serendipity »

Hi - Yep same, chewing seems to be outta the question at the moment....the insides of my mouth are killing me - use wax though - seriously it helps...just takes a while to get in on there :evil: (well for me anyway)
Good luck - keep us posted!
~serendipity

brat 2

getting braced

#12 Post by brat 2 »

I am getting braced on the 8th of Nov. How are you doing with your braces today? Are your teeth hurting too bad? I am excited and nervous about getting mine on :lol:

braced31

Braced Nov 3rd

#13 Post by braced31 »

I'm glad I found this site. I got my braces on Thursday and the experience has been a lot tougher than I thought it would be. It is now Sunday and the pain is starting to subside and I am getting used to having all this metal in my mouth. I am grouchy from the lack of food choices, so I hope that improves soon. I also have the turbos on my molars, which seem to make chewing anything less of a reality. Does anyone know how long you usually have to wear those things? I forgot to ask my orthodontist. I am having a bit of trouble emotionally, even though my husband has been very supportive. I am sure this will all be worth it in the end, but right now I am sort of regretting this choice!
Any advice?
b31

serendipity

#14 Post by serendipity »

brat 2 :) - It's gets abit better each day, the first 2 days I would say are the worse. My teeth still hurt but they are getting better - wax really helps so make sure you use it. I slept a fair bit the second day so allow sometime off for yourself to recover alittle.

Good luck and keep in touch! :D

~serendipity~

braced31

#15 Post by braced31 »

Thanks Seredipity. Today has been a lot better. Everyone thinks I am a big baby for not going to work the day after I got them, but it really hurt. I am going to work tomorrow. I have seen a few friends and stuff, and I am getting less self concious about the braces. Really, I am pretty much doing great with the exception of eating. At night I just coat each bracket with wax and I sleep great. The peroxyl mouthwash really helped with the cancer sores. So now if I can just figure out how to eat, I'll be great!!! I hate that I will go through this every few months when I get them adjusted.
4th day in braces and counting........
-b31