Newbie to forum

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lyn

Newbie to forum

#1 Post by Lyn »

Hello :D

I have been checking out your site for a few months. I got my top (ceramics) in July and my lowers (metal) on Tuesday......I am need of support, sympathy, etc. etc.!!!!! :wink:
I just turned 40 and finally decided to "do this" for myself. Wow, didn't realize how much pain I was going to endure. I have been miserable since Tues. when I got my lowers put on. I don't remember the tops being this painful, but I had an adjustment uptop, too! So my checks are all torn up AGAIN, and I'm back to a senior citizens diet, everything soft! :x
I really just wanted to say HI, and get registered here, so, HI and can't wait to post my successes/problems w/ y'all.
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

S_Ranger

#2 Post by S_Ranger »

I'm a man of few words. That being said, Welcome! 8)

Fireangel

welcome

#3 Post by Fireangel »

Hi, when I posted on the Map I saw that you are from Bel Air. I used to work on Main Street but live right across the line in PA. Didnt realize we were so close. Good luck on your new braces!

Geri

#4 Post by Geri »

Welcome Lyn! I got my lower braces (metal) on Tuesday too so I know what you mean about the discomfort. For the first time I am getting really sore lips and even the edge of my mouth has decided to get in on the action by going sore and cracked! At least this phase won't last too long and we'll be back on proper food soon (I hope). The salt water rinses and waxing really does work a treat Lyn if you haven't already tried it (cheers KK). I also put a bit of ambesol on to take the sting out now and then. Good luck with this stage of the journey and looking forward to hearing how you are getting on.
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!