Weight Gain after Expander Removal

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

active

Weight Gain after Expander Removal

#1 Post by active »

so it's been about 2 weeks since my expander has left my mouth, and it seems like im always hungry now. after i initially got the expander i lost some weight and was never really hungry.but now that its gone i think ive gained it all back! i kinda liked the fact i was losing weight! has this happened to anyone else?

JN_Woods

#2 Post by JN_Woods »

Great, that's something to look forward to. I've lost about 5 pounds since my expander went on and I never feel like eating. I'll probably beef up big time when this thing comes out. Grrrrrr.

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

greencapt

#3 Post by greencapt »

Mine comes off day after tomorrow and what I look forward to is getting back my sense of taste! Everything for the last few months with it in has just had an 'off' or metallic taste to it. Nastiness!

wating4braces

#4 Post by wating4braces »

Oh... :? Thats not very encouraging. I have TWO expanders coming out tomorrow...

active

#5 Post by active »

well let me know how that goes