I heard a pop...uh oh

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kellyonz100

I heard a pop...uh oh

#1 Post by kellyonz100 »

Hey guys I was brushing my teeth tonight using my sonicare and while I was in the back I heard a pop. It seems that my bracket all the way in the back with the hook on it is coming off. I don't feel as much pressure as I did just a few hours ago. Should I contact ortho asap for this. I am not scheduled for 1st adjustment until december 6th. :roll:

mackenzie

#2 Post by mackenzie »

One of mine popped off yesterday too, I'm getting it fixed on Tuesday.

momof2grlz

#3 Post by momof2grlz »

I'd call the ortho. They'll probably want you to come in to have it recemented. It doesn't take long.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

LoobyLou

#4 Post by LoobyLou »

Definitely get it fixed asap if you haven't already done so, the same thing happened to me this week and as soon as I realised I turned up at my ortho's at 8am the following morning and he fixed them (yep 2 managed to pop off at the same time) straightaway. If you don't get it fixed it could delay your treatment time as your tooth might start wandering off the wrong way!

x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*