Any regrets about getting braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starzin

Any regrets about getting braces?

#1 Post by starzin »

I am a "newbie".
I enjoy this website so much ---such a supportive group.
I had great anxiety about getting my bands and read on the board about what to expect.
It reduced my anxiety a lot!!! Thanks guys!
Anyway, I have just gotten Damon 3 braces (October 18th) and I've been in pain ever since.
I just got bands on last week --- more pain....gums, teeth, etc.
Can't chew well---losing weight a big plus!!!
However, I'm just wondering when I'll be able to eat "normally" and be out of pain.
Sorry to be so negative, but I'm having real regrets about ever doing this.
Anyone feel the same or any suggestions about eating and easing pain.
You guys are so helpful---I'm counting on you.
Thanks!!

butterfly

#2 Post by butterfly »

HI there

I am 8 days in and had a quite normal meal tonight. No steaks for me yet but I could chew fried sausages (like hot dogs). It will get better. Image
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

BraceUrself

#3 Post by BraceUrself »

I'm sorry your having hard time right now but stay strong & keep going-it will get better!

I personally have no regrets & each time I feel something aching or hurting etc, I remind myself, I wanted this & it will make me happy when it's all done & my teeth look great! Stay positive & we are all here for you if you need us!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time