How long did it take for your gaps to close?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceface2005

How long did it take for your gaps to close?

#1 Post by braceface2005 »

I got 3 teeth removed on Oct. 20. Now I am wearing bands to close the bottom spaces. How long did it take for your space/gaps to close? I will get my brackets and wires on the bottom once the spaces close as much at they can.

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

I had four teeth pulled in february, and then i was braced on the first of march. I still have three gaps from extractions. Three months ago my ortho started powerchains...so now we wait...
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

fins

#3 Post by fins »

It depends on how they try to close them I think. Some gaps, depending on size, can close within days, others take months.
fins

mtbrncofn

#4 Post by mtbrncofn »

Not sure what kind of gaps you're referring to but I'll let you know when my main ones get going. It's been 6 months and others have closed, just not the ones I REALLY want to.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Lotus

#5 Post by Lotus »

I had 2 upper teeth pulled, one on each side, so my front teeth can move back. They have been using power chains and I wear the rubber bands at different stations on my teeth 24/7. I have had braces on for almost 2 1/2 years now and the gaps have been there for about 2 years. There is still about a 1/4 inch gap. I will probably be wearing these for another year I bet. :?

braceface69

#6 Post by braceface69 »

The gap in between my front teeth closed up in a couple hours! My ortho put powerchains on and it closed it BEAUTIFULLY! I love my smile now without the space... it's just the pain that sucks now!

mtbrncofn

#7 Post by mtbrncofn »

braceface69 wrote:The gap in between my front teeth closed up in a couple hours! My ortho put powerchains on and it closed it BEAUTIFULLY! I love my smile now without the space... it's just the pain that s*ck now!
I'm jealous! But you can keep the pain part. ;)
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.