Omg. How long does it take for Gap to Close after Expander?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

R0dneyM0ss

Omg. How long does it take for Gap to Close after Expander?!

#1 Post by R0dneyM0ss »

HEllo

I have a question,
Yall out there who wore expanders, after you got the gap on your upper 2 teeth how long did it take to close.
My gap is about 4mm and after i stopped turning the key.
It has been 1 and a half week and still no closing of the gap.....

Im tired of having this stupid gap, I talk like a fool trying to cover the gap up. Please Help

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

Honestly, my gap from the expander took about 1 week and a half to close. That was the shortest amount of time it closed in, it might have taken a little longer. Powerchains did the job real quick!
Good luck with yours and I hope you see some progress soon!

-Hannah

summergirl

#3 Post by summergirl »

question how long did you have to wear the expander my ortho said 3- 6 months then I get braced...I am just on day 4 with this thing .Does it get better??? Please help so one please answer...
Jan

joplin

#4 Post by joplin »

Mine was completely gone in 3-4 weeks.
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.

decisionmade

#5 Post by decisionmade »

3 weeks after I stopped turning the expander I began to see the space lessen..the whole process took a long time..but of course I had expansion surgery..I don't know your situation..I have pics posted under my story
-DM
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209