how many weeks til noticable results?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

active

how many weeks til noticable results?

#1 Post by active »

so its only been about 3 weeks since my braces have gone on, but i was just wondering, for those who had braces on for a while, how many days/weeks/months it took to see actualy NOTICABLE RESULTS of real tooth movement?

HollyDontSpend

results

#2 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Well, I don't think I saw noticeable results until about 2 months into my treatment. By that time, I discovered my overjetted tooth was sitting mostly side-by-side with my other incisors. My teeth were not straight, but that was the biggest challenge for my case and it was neat to see the results happening without knowledge right away. :D Good luck!
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

BraceUrself

#3 Post by BraceUrself »

I saw movement on a REALLY crooked tooth in 3 weeks & now it is 1 mo into my treatment, & I notice a big change on the arch of my teeth already! Its so exciting-I know that everyone is different so I hope your happens fast too.
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

tofino

Progress

#4 Post by tofino »

Hi.

Pictures at three months showed large improvements.

After the 4th adjustment a wacko lower incisor, tilting way out there, lined up within 48 hours; it was amazing.

Yesterday was my 5th adjustment, and my entire lower arch is now aligned, and fresh powerchains (from 1st molar to 1st molar on both arches) are yarding to close the extraction gaps. I got a new #16 stainless steel wire on the bottom and the pressure is fabulous.

After five months I have a brand new mouth.

May you have even better progress.

Cheers

Glen

P.S. After my first adjustment I mentioned ArchWired.com in passing to one of the ortho assistants. That, a comment yesterday, and my spidy senses make me wonder if a few staff in my ortho's office lurk on this forum. If so, may I say that I hope it's not heresy to request a different radio station. Other than that, you guys are the best.

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

Honestly, it took me about a week and a half to notice actual progress because of the huge gap between my two front teeth and the amazing powerchain! But after that I really haven't seen a lot of movement! :? Hopefully after I get my bottom braces I'll see more movement! :)
Good luck and I hope you see some progress soon!

-Hannah

Qtgirl

#6 Post by Qtgirl »

I took out pictures alot, so I kinda noticed really small changes on the second month. But I would say the most changes took place at the ending of month 3.

butterfly

#7 Post by butterfly »

I saw minor changes after 6 days. One of the two leaning centrals rotated to an upright position. It's not an improvement though, because I have an ugly gap between the centrals now and the upright one looks bigger than the still leaning one. I look like a bunny!! I hope this will go away soon.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

medictrina

#8 Post by medictrina »

I haven't noticed a difference. I didn't think I would since I have a very thin wire from my canines to my molars on each side. My second adustment is next week... :?

active

#9 Post by active »

Well heres another question, instead of the number of months what about number of adjustments? it seems alot of people notice things after adjustments. and another thing, how often do you guys get adjustments? every 2/3 months? my first adjustment is in january and i got them on on oct 25. just wondering if people get more frequent adjustments or not

amychelle

monthly

#10 Post by amychelle »

I have monthly (almost to the day) adjustments. I have minor work to be done (one tooth came in behind baby tooth, move it up into alignment) and he was checking monthly to make sure my spacer spring had enough spring to keep pushing. I have all four of my wisdom teeth out next week and hopefully in two weeks, no more spring and we can move that tooth into place.

I have notice almost no visable change in my teeth but all they are doing is making a gap bigger right now. I have very straight teeth other than that one. Hopefully by next month I can write back and say "WOW! That tooth is right where it should be and my retainers are on their way!" :dance:

Yes, I realize that is a dream, but let me have my little dreams if they please me.

Aine

#11 Post by Aine »

My problem was overcrowding. I had noticable movement less than 5 days after I had 2 top teeth extracted on August 1st. I had my powerchain put on 3 weeks ago and the gaps are 75% closed. I get my bottom braces tomorrow so hopefully that will help to close the remaining gap. My ortho originally scheduled my appointments every 6 weeks but since my teeth have been moving so quickly he moved me to every 4 weeks instead. I consider myself to be very lucky.

SkyWolf

#12 Post by SkyWolf »

I got my braces the 18th of November. When I got them I had a rather large looking kink in the upper archwire from how far back my tooth was set. By Sunday the kink was completely gone. So I saw a minor change in two days. Now I'm almost two weeks in and that tooth is almost in it's correct position. Although I'm sure it varies.

Gel

#13 Post by Gel »

I see movement now. Been braced for nine days and my two front teeth don't overlap any more! My ortho says he will see me every 6-8 weeks, depending on what needs to be done and every 4 weeks if necessary.

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

Megera_S

#14 Post by Megera_S »

I've had my braces on for a week and by the 2nd or 3rd day I could see some movement. There are gaps where there used to not be gaps and I can tell by flossing that the connections aren't so tight. I'm hoping (just like the rest of you) that my teeth are awesome and move faster than scheduled. I'd love to be out of braces in half the time.
Four Wisdom Teeth Extracted: January 2000
Lower First Bicuspids Extracted: Nov. 1st, 2005
Braces on: Nov. 24th, 2005
Duration: 24 months