How long does it take after evalution to get your braces on?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

felicity_and_reece_mommie

How long does it take after evalution to get your braces on?

#1 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

How long does it take to get your braces on after evalution? I go Wed. to my evalution and was just wondering. Will they take my molds and everything that day? What all will they do on my first visit? I know that I need braces my dentist (who used to be an Ortho.) told me that I did and I'm going to get them, so that is not an issue. I just would like to know what to expect and about how many visits until I will get them. I know that every place is different but if anyone would tell me how their ortho. did it, it will help me. I bet you all think I'm crazy :roll: asking all these questions but I like to know.

over40

Re: How long does it take after evalution to get your braces

#2 Post by over40 »

felicity_and_reece_mommie wrote:How long does it take to get your braces on after evalution? I go Wed. to my evalution and was just wondering. Will they take my molds and everything that day? What all will they do on my first visit? I know that I need braces my dentist (who used to be an Ortho.) told me that I did and I'm going to get them, so that is not an issue. I just would like to know what to expect and about how many visits until I will get them. I know that every place is different but if anyone would tell me how their ortho. did it, it will help me. I bet you all think I'm crazy :roll: asking all these questions but I like to know.
As you mentioned every place is probably a little different and based on schedules etc. but for what it's worth I made the decision to go ahead with the braces during my initital evaluation. They said they could take the impressions the same day to save some time at my first appointment. My first appointment was a week later and they installed brackets on my upper and lower teeth and arch wires.

I am scheduled for two extractions next week. So I was lucky and was able to get the process moving quickly.

Good luck with your treatment!

DizzyKitty

#3 Post by DizzyKitty »

My ortho charged half price for records if you decided "yes" at the consult and I did so they did the molds, Xrays, pics, etc and discussed the payment plan. They wanted me back in the next week for the fitting (brackets & wire) but I needed to get my teeth cleaned first so I went the week after that...definitely speedier than I thought it would be but I'm sure everyone is different.
Last edited by DizzyKitty on Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Dizzy

hannah164

#4 Post by hannah164 »

I went in for my consultation and my ortho looked at my teeth and told me we needed to get started right away. So we took the x-rays and the molds and everything. Then we discussed my treatment plan and told me he wanted to put upper braces on right then! :shock: I agreed and I got three brackets, spacers, and a powerchain. Then I came back to get bands about a week later.

-Hannah

BlueeyedManda

#5 Post by BlueeyedManda »

I went for my consult and walked out with my braces that same day. When I asked how soon I could start and the ortho said anytime I wanted to. The he said he could see if they could do it that day. I agreed (knowing if I did it that day I couldn't chicken out ;) ) I don't have the molar bands and I only have upper ceramics. Best choice I ever made to go through and fix my teeth. I am going to get my bottoms on soon to fix my overbite. Fun!

momof2grlz

#6 Post by momof2grlz »

My consultation with the ortho I chose was on Tuesday. I could have had them put on Thursday, but I chose to have one last weekend of freedom and waited until the following Monday.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

#7 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

Thanks everyone for your stories. It helps me so much. If he will put mine on that day I will do it so I won't chicken out too!!! I'm just ready to have a perfect smile or better smile. The cost doesn't really bother me because I'm going to get them it doesn't matter how much they cost plus I get 50% off for working at a dentist office.....that's cool!! You can't beat that.......I would be stupid not to get them. My insurance pays $1,000 too, so it isn't going to cost me that much. Does most ortho. make you pay a down payment or what?

Echo

#8 Post by Echo »

My ortho offered to brace me the same day as my consult, but I declined and made an appointment for 2 days later (wanted to think about it first). They did not require a down payment, and made monthly payment arrangements with me (without interest charges) for the portion that my insurance does not cover (50%).
[/url]

#9 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

Where is everyone from? Does any of you live in or go to the ortho at Poplar Bluff, MO (Dr. Fox)? Just wondering if he will do the same day or what?!?!?!?!