Problem, any suggestions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

camille4824

Problem, any suggestions?

#1 Post by camille4824 »

Been in braces for awhile now...I am used to the "in and out" pains...I am used to painful adjustments...wires all over....etc!

Had my last adjustment on October 17th....got a new wire and elastics...top and bottom

I have felt the normal pains....no biggie--No Pain , No Gain! :lol:
My elastics hook onto my archwire on the front top...down diagonally to my molar bands on bottom. I feel I have been doing pretty good.......
All of the sudden today--on the top front, where the elastic is...the tooth...not the roots moving, not pain in my gums...nothing like that kind of pain...the actual tooth hurts--right where the bracket is. I can't even stand to gently touch that bracket. When I have touched it, it feels almost like my finger is a 9-volt battery :!: Seriously...I know it sounds funny....but its actually kind of painful.....not kinda---It Is!!

The tension from the elastic is now unbearable..it makes my tooth feel like a got a 9 volt battery touching that bracket!! So...is THIS normal...?
Any one ever take a day or two break from the elastics? (I am very good patient...lol...I wear mine 24-7)
Any suggestions?......I feel like crap! :oops:
Pendulum worn 10/12/04 until 4/19/05
Braced on top 1/19/05
Bottom braced 4/19/05
Damon 3 brackets

fins

#2 Post by fins »

This is totally normal. I have had that many times. Give it about a week and see it it starts to fade a little.
fins