My Progress Pics (Finally space is closing)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Qtgirl

My Progress Pics (Finally space is closing)

#1 Post by Qtgirl »

Well hello everyone. Just wanted to share my progress photos. This week will be 4 month in my braces and Im happy to say that my space is closing in. I got my new powerchain 2 days ago and it worked right away to close my gap. And while I still have a teeny bit of way to go to completely close it--I must say I am so content 8) My open bite still has some way to go as well and my two crowns are looking quite out of place now. The first photo was in June (note how white my teeth look--darn it, I think it was the webcamera I used or something).

MusicIsMyLife

#2 Post by MusicIsMyLife »

I have spacing and an open bite as well.
Are you going to need a frenectomy, or does the ortho think the gap will close by itself?
Braced Sep. 29 '05
Tongue crib inserted Oct. 6
Tongue crib removed April 5
Estimated treatment time: 20 mths

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

Your gap is looking much better Qtgirl! Congratulations! I also had a gap like that and it was wonderful to see the progress so quickly!
Good luck!

-Hannah :D

mtbrncofn

#4 Post by mtbrncofn »

I'm jealous! ;)

My front big gap hasn't done one darn thing yet! I also haven't been subjected to powerchains yet either.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Qtgirl

#5 Post by Qtgirl »

Yay! I know guys, this is so cool :HugeGrin: Im telling ya those powerchains really do their jobs!! I can imagine the day when they (braces) come off :lol: Thanks so much everyone for your wonderful support :) At one point I thought nothing was changing and just a bit of patience & support was all I needed. Musicismylife, yep my ortho told me I will need to do the frenectomy and also get a permanent retainer afterwards.mtbrncofn, dont worry Im sure youre gap will close up pretty soon :wink:

LoobyLou

#6 Post by LoobyLou »

Are you going to need a frenectomy, or does the ortho think the gap will close by itself?

What's a frenectomy?
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Qtgirl

#7 Post by Qtgirl »

hey lucylou, a frenectomy is a minor operation a dentist does to remove the frenum.

As per yahoo.heheheh :lol: Frenectomy is the surgical procedure for removing a frenum. A frenum is a fold of tissue that passes from the movable lip or cheek to the gum. Heres a wonderful link www.athensperio.com/fren.htm