silly question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blondie

silly question

#1 Post by blondie »

If you were going to go on a first date without the person knowing you had braces, like a blind date, meeting through the internet, or in my case going to see my ex after years. (ok, it's not a first date, but you get the point!) Should you forewarn the person you have braces? Just so they know what to expect or not alarmed! Or is it dumb just bringing up the whole subject. Just wondering!

over40

Re: silly question

#2 Post by over40 »

blondie wrote:If you were going to go on a first date without the person knowing you had braces, like a blind date, meeting through the internet, or in my case going to see my ex after years. (ok, it's not a first date, but you get the point!) Should you forewarn the person you have braces? Just so they know what to expect or not alarmed! Or is it dumb just bringing up the whole subject. Just wondering!
I wouldn't worry about forewarning someone about your braces. If nothing else it presents a topic of conversation. I think we are more self-conscious than we need to be about having braces as adults.

braceface69

#3 Post by braceface69 »

I went out with a old friend the other night and while we were setting up plans to meet I just casually mentioned I had gotten braces (over the phone). I didn't want to see her and have her freak out about them because I knew I'd get embarrased.

Keith

#4 Post by Keith »

That isn't a silly question. But you shouldnt feel that you need to inform someone you have braces because it won't cause any conflicts. Now, if you were in a cast from a broken leg or something, it might be worth mentioning (incase your date had planned a fun day skydiving or biking).

I wouldn't mention it at all. You know they will notice and then after that, they'll have no problem.

littleshaddies

#5 Post by littleshaddies »

I like talking about my braces, I am proud I got them. I tell everyone I have them, it's like hi, hello what's new and there I go. :wink:
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

decisionmade

#6 Post by decisionmade »

I like to tell a person ahead of time ..just more comfortable when i've handled it that way..not that I make any kind of big deal about it..just mention it casually in conversation beforehand..
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

TheSilverSmileChileno

#7 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

after i got braced, i used to put the picture that i have in my avatar in everyplace i could, so everybody would see it and ask humm, ohh u got braces?

that way i wouldnt have to "warn" anybody
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

bejay23

#8 Post by bejay23 »

Personally I think that you should casually mention to your date that you have braces. What if your date decides to take you to a restaurant and you can't eat the food that's on the menu?

I don't think there is anything wrong with bringing it up in conversation, just so your date is not too surprised when they see them.
Bejay23
Damon 3 upper and lower; Crowding