Really noticing other people's teeth!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

momof2grlz

#1 Post by momof2grlz »

Yup. DD was watching Hilary Duff's new video clip yesterday and I mentioned that her teeth looked better before she got veneers. DD said she didn't notice the difference until I told her that now her teeth look like a horse. Then she got it.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Chr1ssy711

#2 Post by Chr1ssy711 »

i totally agree, i am constantly looking at people's teeth. But i guess its like anything. Like since my sister is pregnant now, i tend to notice every pregnant woman. or when i got a new car i noticed there were so many of those cars out and about.

since you have them and are aware of them you tend to notice them when you see them....if that made any sense. lol

but i totally understand and agree!!! :)
Chrissy, 20
ceramic Braces
http://www.myspace.com/chr1ssy711Myspace
http://www.chrissytina.comMy Photo site

Lyn

#3 Post by Lyn »

YES!!! :D

That is one of the reasons why I got braces............I was always looking at people's teeth and realized mine looked awful!! It motivated me to get braces on. Now it is unbelievable how many adults I see with them on (now that I have mine). Funny isn't it???
:pinkbraces:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

butterfly

#4 Post by butterfly »

Before I saw perfect teeth everywhere and felt bad, now I see bad teeth everywhere and feel good Image
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

serendipity

#5 Post by serendipity »

Ditto Butterfly - It's like before when I saw perfect teeth I felt depressed :cry: now when I come across people with perfect teeth I feel happy :D cause I know one day people are going to be thinking the same thing about my teeth. :dance:
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

hannah164

#6 Post by hannah164 »

Wow Butterfly! I totally agree! :D I do notice people's teeth more often now! I find myself getting really jealous at all my friend's with perfect straight white teeth! :cry: But I know that that will soon be me! :D

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

butterfly

#7 Post by butterfly »

Yeah isn`t it funny.
Today I met someone who didn't know I had gotten braces.
After half an hour of talking (!) she said "Oh I noticed just now you are straightening your teeth!" And then she went on to talk about Invisalgn and how expensive it is. I noticed that she had nice teeth but not perfect ones, especially the lower ones. It sounded like she was looking for excuses not do it herself! (And believe me, I have bad ones, now even worse because I got gaps.) It's funny... As it seems there is no need to hide our braces.. Ppl are jealous of them!
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner