This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

the_bufster84

#1 Post by the_bufster84 »

Hey guys, this site is great. Iv checked to see if this qu was asked b4 but cant really find it.

My orthodontist told me i need 2 teeth out but wen i went bak 2day it seems as tho i will have the brace on before the teeth out. Is this normal? Anyone know why they do this?

Thanks x :)

flowertowngal

Well...

#2 Post by flowertowngal »

I don't know why they do this but the same thing happened to me. What they are probably going to do is put your BRACKETS on but not your wire. At least that's what my ortho did. I went in and he glued the brackets on and then a week later, after getting one of my teeth pulled, he put the wire in. But I still don't know why...

momof2grlz

#3 Post by momof2grlz »

I had my upper braces on for 10 months before I had the two upper premolars extracted. Maybe your ortho is going to wait to see if you have enough space to work with before he recommends extractions?

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

walks

#4 Post by walks »

I'm supposed to have 2 upper teeth pulled. My ortho did not put the wire all the way back to the molar bands. He told me during my initial consultation that I would be in braces for about 3 months before the teeth get pulled, "it will help loosen them up...."