What color Spacers?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gel

What color Spacers?

#1 Post by Gel »

Hey all, just out of curiosity, what color were your sapcers if you had them? I got mine yesterday and they are light blue.
I am in pain and Tylenol is doing nothing! :cry: I seriously wish I had gone out for a nice steak dinner before I started all this. My ortho's assistant told me I would be on soft foods for quite awhile. How much yougurt can one person actually eat in two weeks? I need suggestions of good soft foods. I'm running out of them and getting sick of the current diet, but I do love mashed potatoes and ice cream!

It is better to aim for the stars and land in a tree than to aim for a tree and land in the mud.
Gel

butterfly

#2 Post by butterfly »

Some foods I like:

- potato puree
- ground meat balls
- couscous with soup
- fish
- rice with soft chicken pieces
- overcooked pasta with various sauces

sweet stuff:

- cheese cake (cakes in general!)
- pudding
- wheat semolina cooked in milk with cacao (is there a name for this? it is very sweet and a very heavy, nutritious and filling dish. If I cannot bite at all I eat it and I am full the whole day. it's a classical army dish LOL.)

You can also buy baby food. It`s expensive though but VERY tasty :))
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

CelestialVoices

#3 Post by CelestialVoices »

I had aqua colored spacers the first time and about 5 days later, I had greenish ones (thicker to hold the spaces already made)

kkalex

#4 Post by kkalex »

Well thats odd, mine didnt hurt @ all.
and yes they were blue.

Metal Mouth Guy

#5 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Green

MMG

tkais

#6 Post by tkais »

Mine were light blue, also. The tops bothered me alot and I didn't notice the bottoms at all.
Get used to eating soft foods, it will last a lot longer than 2 weeks.

felicity_and_reece_mommie

#7 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

I went to the ortho. today for my evaluation and I asked he if all spacers were blue? He said most of them are blue or a dark color like that so if it starts bleeding or gets down in the gums when he takes them out they are easier to see. I hope that helps you.

Jodster

#8 Post by Jodster »

6 of mine were grey and 2 were almost clear (they were smaller in diameter due to the tight space between teeth).

As far as pain goes--I had a bit the first day, but went back to eating normal food the rest of the time in spacers. It just felt like a piece of steak between teeth.
^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^

Ceramic Uppers 9/6/05; metal lowers 11/8/05
4 bicuspids removed 10/26/05

33 y.o. male whose parents couldn't afford braces as a teen---and YES, I TOO AM OBSESSED!!

TuZZi

#9 Post by TuZZi »

Mashed potatoes, oatmeal, cream of wheat, oat bran cereal, yogurt, pudding, mashed bananas, canned tuna, overcooked pasta, soup, chef boyardee, canned fruit, and all that good dessert stuff that's oh so easy to chew :D
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

Mona0922

#10 Post by Mona0922 »

When I'm really sore, I just about live off of yogurt, pasta, cottage cheese, tuna salad, soup, and scrambled eggs. And I've lost about 7 pounds since this started. Coincidence? :? I have a friend who swears she ate almost nothing but milkshakes for two years.

The hardest part is trying other foods - if you're still too sore, you have the taste in your mouth, but you can't eat the rest; on the other hand, you don't know what you can handle 'til you try. When you do try, though, start with small bites!

You may want to check this out from the ArchWired site:
http://www.archwired.com/soft_foods.htm

noppi

Ahh

#11 Post by noppi »

Ahhh I feel your pain. I got spacers on Friday. Monday was the worst in pain. It's pushing my teeth and crowding them even more. My bite's kind of messed up now and I float my teeth...I mean I don't rest my top teeth on my bottom teeth. The pain/soreness gradually increased and then now I think I'm on the downslope. I still try to eat normal foods but just kind of swallow. or take smaller bites. I am craving some mac n cheese or spaghettios...mmmm...I've been eating mush rice. Had some oatmeal during this ordeal as well.

Try taking some advil/ibuprofen instead of tylenol, will help decrease the swelling.
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

Spooky

I got 4 more today

#12 Post by Spooky »

I just got 4 spacers today for my rear molars. I'll have 4 more rear brackets put in, in addition to the 4 I already have. I hate spacers, but this time, it's not as bad as when I first had it. :shock: Maybe because I only have 4 this time, and last time, I had 8. They do make your teeth crowd and sore. But the pain eventually goes away.

Spacers are usually light blue in color.
Check out my journey :

http://janniesjourney.blogspot.com/
----------------
Braces on: Sept 16. 2005
Braces off: Dec 3, 2007
Upper/Lower Jaw Surgery on: Dec 1, 2006

ebjones1

#13 Post by ebjones1 »

I just had my wisdom teeth out and had my first experience with the soft-food diet.. Although I will be getting used to it as I'm getting braced in January..

-dressing/stuffing
-mashed potatoes (sweet potatos w/ melted marshmallows was my fav)
-meat/fish cooked in a crock pot or boiled so its super tender
-green bean casserole w/out the crunchy stuff on top
-pumpkin or sweet potato pie w/out crust
-cheesecake w/out crust

I hope these suggestions help.. :wink:

ebjones1

#14 Post by ebjones1 »

I just realized my previous post looks like a holiday menu.. I guess we're in luck, eh?

Have a safe and happy (and hopefully filling) Thanksgiving everyone!! :-88

bajanrose

#15 Post by bajanrose »

Mine were blue
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!