Backets popping off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rmarris

Backets popping off

#1 Post by rmarris »

I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I got my braces on today with no problems. About an hour after I had them on three of my bottom brackets popped off, I suspect it is from the top teeth hitting them when I bite down, but that is not even when eating. I have to go back tommrow to have them rebonded. Should they just pop off that easily? They are all right in a row, could the cemet not have dried completely/ Thanks for everyones help.
~Beckie

shinyam

#2 Post by shinyam »

Once you leave the dentist, the brackets should stay on, they do not have to "dry." See your ortho and tell him your concerns, as they should not pop off that easily. Good luck. :)

Dreamer

#3 Post by Dreamer »

I had one pop off the first night I had mine too. They recemented it and then it never happened again. Could be they just didn't get enough adhesive on them! I was worried this would happen alot after having it the first night but then it's been 7 months and never had one pop off again! :)
full metal braces 4/26/05~~debanded 12/13/07!
12/13/07 bonded retainers + wrap around hawley

hannah164

#4 Post by hannah164 »

I'm kind of worried about that too! I just got bottom braces today and my top front teeth hit my bottom braces when I bite down! I've only had a few brackets pop off on the top!
Hopefully this doesn't happen again!
Good luck!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Dreamer

#5 Post by Dreamer »

You could always ask them to put the little bumpers on top of your bottom brackets..they go on in a split second and then when your top teeth hit the bottom ones they just hit the soft bumper..they are clear and barely noticeable and quite small..they helped me out so much in the beginning!
full metal braces 4/26/05~~debanded 12/13/07!
12/13/07 bonded retainers + wrap around hawley

rmarris

brackets popping off

#6 Post by rmarris »

thanks to all of you that helped with my question about my brackets. I talked with the orthodontist about my concerns and she felt that the tech there put the wire in to tight and that is why things started coming off, she did it herself this time. it has been 24 hours and I have not had any problems yet and it even feels better.

spragers

#7 Post by spragers »

I had three pop off the first night while watching television, and one more at an adjustment a month later (pull... pull... TWANG!) It's been two years since, and I haven't lost another one. Don't worry about it :)