wierd appliances

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

airportlouis

wierd appliances

#1 Post by airportlouis »

here is a really wierd appliance:
go to :
http://www.drrichardboyd.com/libr_level ... tright.htm

look at the bottom one it looks like a grill off a vintage automobile, how is a person to eat or for that matter talk with that in your mouth geez is this a bit drastic id say.

Nikkiekoala

#2 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Yikes that does look scarey!!!

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

MusicIsMyLife

#3 Post by MusicIsMyLife »

Not that weird. I have one in my mouth at the moment. Only difference is mine is placed on my lower teeth (usually it's banded to the uppers) because it would interfere with tooth movement.
Braced Sep. 29 '05
Tongue crib inserted Oct. 6
Tongue crib removed April 5
Estimated treatment time: 20 mths

greencapt

#4 Post by greencapt »

I think its kinda cool! MusicIsMyLife, is yours in front of the teeth like in the pics in the link above? I'd run up to kids and pretend to be 'Jaws' from the Bond films or Hannibal Lecter... :D

MusicIsMyLife

#5 Post by MusicIsMyLife »

That third pic is a bit misleading. That's what it looks like from the inside of your mouth. Nobody sees my crib unless I open my mouth and tip my head down. You can faintly see the metal peeking through when I smile, but that's only because of my spacing.
Braced Sep. 29 '05
Tongue crib inserted Oct. 6
Tongue crib removed April 5
Estimated treatment time: 20 mths

hannah164

#6 Post by hannah164 »

That does look kind of scary! But if no one can see it like Music is my life's then I guess it can't be too embarrassing.

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05