Does it ever stop hurting?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lucky27

Does it ever stop hurting?

#1 Post by Lucky27 »

ok, i just got my top braces on Wed. and they are still killing me. i guess im just being wimpy but will the pain ease? I work in an Insurance firm as a receptionist and i find it difficult to smile at customers, much less answer the phone and THIS IS SPAM REPORT TO ADMIN THIS IS SPAM REPORT TO ADMIN THIS IS SPAM REPORT TO ADMIN THIS IS SPAM REPORT TO ADMIN with them! Any words of reassurance? :-((

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

You'll be fine, it's only been two days. Mine were killing me the 2nd and 3rd day. I gets better, definitely.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Lucky27

#3 Post by Lucky27 »

thanks!, ive heard different, some people have told me it never stops hurting! lol

Geri

#4 Post by Geri »

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, Lucky27. It took me about 2 weeks to fully adjust to my uppers, but stopped hurting after about a week. Hope it gets better for you soon!
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

Shelby014

#5 Post by Shelby014 »

by braces never hurt. I even had my first adjustment wednesday and i got the heaviest square wire that they had, and they never hurt at all, its a hear activated wire by the way. I guess that i am just really really lucky!! Not to high-jack your post, but has anyone else on their first adjustment had what most people call "finishing wires" I am still about 10-11 months away from my goal, and i already have these kind of wires?!
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

Barbiedoll

#6 Post by Barbiedoll »

My mouth was sore for a while. Sore cheeks from the brackets, sore teeth. Everything got better after a while, a week for my teeth, 2 weeks for my cheeks. The ony thing that hurts now is my front teeth when I bite something. But it's not bad. I'm sure you will feel better in a week. I didn't believe it when everyone told me that, but it was true.
I reject your reality … and substitute my own.

jennielee81

#7 Post by jennielee81 »

What type of braces do you have?

My Damons hurt for about 3 to 4 weeks!! I survived and managed to gain 3 pounds :-+

It is normal for many to be sore for at least a week...for some of us...ehhemm...longer than that.

You are NOT a whimp!!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

hannah164

#8 Post by hannah164 »

It does get better! Although right now I happen to be doubting that myself... :? I just got my bottom braces on the other day and they are still killing me! The second day is the hardest! Today I was actually able to eat! :D
I also find it really uncomfortable to smile at people now more than ever! I seem to be covering my mouth with my hand now.
Good luck and Hope you feel better soon!

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

butterfly

#9 Post by butterfly »

Hang in there. In a couple of days you will be painfree. Teeth stay kind of weak all the time (especially the front ones) but they don`t really hurt.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

butterfly

#10 Post by butterfly »

sorry duplicate. :oops:
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Lucky27

#11 Post by Lucky27 »

sorry i havent commented in a while, the main time i can get on and reply is at work and work has been busy!, well its been almost a week and they don't hurt any more. The only thing that is killing me is the ulcers! Especially the one that has formed on the side of my mouth, It came up in the perfect place too(sarcastically speaking)! It is located at the exact spot my bracket scratches when i smile!! I have to hold my lip down when i think im going to smile or i get scratched really bad! anyway thank everone for all the support and replys! i know this thread must be severely out done but i thought id ask for myself. As for what kind of braces i have.. the only thing i know is that they are "mini braces" i'll ask my doctor specifically next time i see him. again, thank you for your support! :D

bracesrok

#12 Post by bracesrok »

my teeth hurt for a week after wards and then the cankersores were really bad for another week and then it was just normal cankersores that dont pop up very often. a hint for the canker sores is to use wax and what really helps me is to use this tooth paste called Sensodyne.
hope your not in too much pain!
-~!Ashlee!~-
braces are alright, but i still can't wait to get them off!