another question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jimmy18

another question

#1 Post by jimmy18 »

During my treatment my ortho has pushed my top teeth forward to create space for the lower braces to be put on. How is he going to correct this? I have a deep bite so I don't see how the top arch can be pulled back.

Is there a type of wire that does pulls the teeth back instead of pushing them forward? Or is there someway he can fix this by taking the lowers off first?

bracesrok

#2 Post by bracesrok »

i have a huge overbite. My othodontist puton all of my braces on at once and then put c=glue on two of my teeth so that i can't bite down too hard on my bottom brakets. I dont' know how he's going to get them to come back if my bottom teeth are in the way though!

-~!Ashlee!~- :D
braces are alright, but i still can't wait to get them off!

jenns91civic

#3 Post by jenns91civic »

They will come up then back most likely.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

bracesrok

#4 Post by bracesrok »

what do u mean "come up"? How can your teeth go up? Do they like go up in ur gums?

-~!Ashlee!~- :D

Chocoholic

#5 Post by Chocoholic »

You'd be surprised, I had the same thing, my ortho put my top braces on first as he had to move the top teeth to be able to fit the bottom ones on. My top teeth have moved out slightly and yep they've moved upwards and all into line, it's amazing to see the difference, as my two front teeth were very bugs bunny like and butterflied out, so now they've moved up and rotated straight.

My bottom teeth seem to be moving lower and comnig into line, they're taking ages though as they were so overcrowded it was a bit of a disaster area and I have gaps appearing left right and centre, so don't know what's going to happen next.

bracesrok

#6 Post by bracesrok »

Thanks for trying to explain that to me! I still don't quite understand how your teeth can "go up" but thank you for trying to explain it to me. I appreciatte it!

-~!Ashlee!~-

hannah164

#7 Post by hannah164 »

I'm kind of confused as well!

My ortho told me when he decided to put my bottom braces on after a year and half that I would need turbos for my deep bite! :? Then when I got my bottom braces he didn't need to do anything because only my front teeth touch my bottom ones! :shock: Its like I developed an open bite in the back! ITs really hard to chew! :x

I'm curious if anyone knows how to fix this! :?

-Hannah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

bracesrok

#8 Post by bracesrok »

i cant bite down in the back either because of that stupid glue that they put on my teeth so that i couldnt. oh and i got my top and bottom braces on at the same time so i coudl like bite off my braces accedentally when i first got themon if it werent for the glue, but now i can bite down on them again anyways
-~!Ashlee!~-