I cut my finger on my braces =0(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aznfayeth

I cut my finger on my braces =0(

#1 Post by aznfayeth »

I was flossing my end molar and the archwire poked a hole in the side of my middle finger =0( It started bleeding and now it looks rather swollen, I hope I dont get tetanus...things like this reminds you how sharp the wire is...
clarity top braces 12/5/04, debanded 1/3/07
bottom braces 4/17/05, debanded 11/26/06
hawley retainer for uppers,
bonded lower retainer

Danny

#2 Post by Danny »

I was taking out one of my rubber bands the other day and cut my finger on one of the wire ties on a bracket. Right now I have so many sore spots in my mouth I am beginning to wonder how I can go through another year and +/- four months of this!
BE HAPPY!

Danny

jenns91civic

#3 Post by jenns91civic »

I don't think you can get tetanus from a wire that was sterile before it was put into your mouth.......but you have had a tetanus shot in the past 10 years right? (Because everyone is very good about keeping immunizations up to date aren't they? Oh wait that's just in my own little world). If you haven't had one in the past 5 years, go get one because you should anyway.

I'll have to do some looking around to see about getting tetanus from something like an archwire. If I find anything interesting I'll post it here.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

HollyDontSpend

me too

#4 Post by HollyDontSpend »

I did that once. Man it hurt!!!! I was feeling a wire that was poking me. It was twisted up and curled around so it wouldn't poke me anyway. Well I was pulling my finger away and it got caught and I made the little puncture worse. Aye! Just picturing what was taking place was worse than it hurt. HA! :soremouth:
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

bbsadmin

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

The worst was when I cut my tongue on my braces. That hurt like hell!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

csblackburn

cut finger

#6 Post by csblackburn »

I've cut my thumb in my mouth before while flossing. I pulled my thumb out too quickly and got the corner of the bracket on one of my bands. Slice! Not too much fun.
Got braces? http://www.igotbraces.com
The orthodontic and orthognathic surgery support forum for everyone.