New to this...a couple of questions.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NKovaci1016

New to this...a couple of questions.

#1 Post by NKovaci1016 »

Hello,

I was looking at my teeth in the mirror the other day, and I've always had bad teeth, but I've finally decided to do something about it. However, I have absolutely NO background or knowledge of braces...

1) I have a pretty bad overbite. My top teeth stick outwards more than they should. Not only does this make my teeth and jaw look bad, but just my face in general. When I bite down, my lips never make contact, which I hate.

2) My four front top teeth are slightly crooked as well. They're not that bad, but would it be possible to straighten those out while having the overbite fixed at the same time? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but just wondering.

3) I'm 17. My wisdom teeth haven't impacted. I've heard a lot about getting teeth extracted, but I'm assuming I won't have to do that because I have enough space in my mouth.

BUT...won't this mean that when they do come out, that'll ruin my teeth over again? Is this the right time to get braces? Also, if I were to get braces, how long would I need to have them on to correct this?

Thanks for reading, feedback appreciated!

Spooky

#2 Post by Spooky »

Go to your dentist for his/her opinion and then go to an orthodontist (a couple of them) to get more opinions. In the first visit, the ortho should be able to tell you briefly if you need braces or not, the course of treatment, the length of treament, and the estimate cost.

It is never too early or too late to get consultation!!
Check out my journey :

http://janniesjourney.blogspot.com/
----------------
Braces on: Sept 16. 2005
Braces off: Dec 3, 2007
Upper/Lower Jaw Surgery on: Dec 1, 2006