2 questions

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kelly12300

2 questions

#1 Post by kelly12300 »

I haven't been on here since I got my braces off. Anyway. I got my braces off about... 4 months ago now. When I first got them off I realised that one of my teeth feels rough. I thought it was just the glue and it'd go away. But it's still there and hasn't gone away at all. When I look in the mirror I can actually see that the rough part looks different to the rest of my tooth. What could this be?

And another question. Another tooth sometimes feels like it's pulling and when I press it gently it feels sensitive. It doesn't hurt but it doesn't feel good either. None of my other teeth feel like that at all. So what could it be?

Thanks!
~*~Kelly~*~

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

Is the rough part definitely not glue? I remember when I got my first set of braces removed some leftover glue was there for months and one day I managed to scrape it of with my thumb nail. Also are you wearing your retainers as you were advised? Just wondering if that one tooth is wanting to move somewhere it shoudn't be moving to? If either of these don't provide a solution I would definitely go and see your dentist or orthodontist...it's probably nothing to worry about but I always think it's best to check...

LoobyLou x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

kelly12300

#3 Post by kelly12300 »

No, it's definately not glue. I've tried scraping it and it doesn't come off.

I have a bonded retainer so I have no choice but to wear it lol. I also have an Essix retainer which I have to wear during the night and I haven't not worn it for a single night. So I don't think it's because my teeth are moving. My teeth look like they're in exactly the same possition as they were when I had my braces off
~*~Kelly~*~

LoobyLou

#4 Post by LoobyLou »

That's good then...can't think what the rough surface might be other than glue unless there is some sort of surface damage. It could also be a tartar build-up which can be hard to scrape off sometimes - try one of those scaling pick things - they sell them in the dental section of Boots!

Hope this helps!

LoobyLou
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*