Process of Spacers?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cynthia1251

Process of Spacers?

#1 Post by Cynthia1251 »

How does the orthodontist go about putting your spacers in?

Are you awake when the procedure is taking place?
Does it hurt when they put them in?

eep!

noppi

like flossing

#2 Post by noppi »

I just had my spacers removed today after 10 days. What they did was string two pieces of floss through the blue little rubberbands - spacers - and then floss them into my teeth and then slightly pull it out so that it's all nice and between both of my teeth and centered and stuff. I was awake, and there's no reason not to be. It's not so scary it's just the sounds and the pressure that is kind of alarming at first. It almost seems like your teeth is going to be pulled out, and I got scared and didnt say anything. The lady was like "Don't worry, I know it seems like I am goign to rip your teeth out,but I won't, I promise." It doesn't seem like that because of pain. It doesn't hurt putting them in, more discomfort. But about 3-4 days afterwards, it started getting really sore and achey
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

Cynthia1251

#3 Post by Cynthia1251 »

ahh i see, thank you very much for informing me.

I was getting quite apprehensive as to what the process was. :)