swallowed a bracket

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

2thjewelry

swallowed a bracket

#1 Post by 2thjewelry »

I just finished a very nice Thanksgiving meal at home and was helping with clean up when I noticed I could feel with my tongue the loose end of the lower wire on the right side of my mouth. Huh?!? Looked in the mirror and saw that the end bracket was gone. I must have swallowed it with the turkey.

Anybody ever swallow a bracket before? Can I assume it will just pass through without any problem? I don't think I'll be able to reach my orthodontist until after the holiday so it looks like I'll be eating just the pumpkin pie until then. :D

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

It'll pass through, you'll be fine. Happy Thanksgiving!
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Shagers

#3 Post by Shagers »

You'll be fine.

The extra iron in your diet will do you good anyway :)
Shagers - Braced Aug 05
--
Lipton Mr T - finally, a tea for the real man. I pity the coffee drinkin' fool.

2thjewelry

#4 Post by 2thjewelry »

Thanks for the reassurances about the bracket passing. I'll let you know if I have any problems with that. Wouldn't you think I'd have crunched down on it? Guess that shows how fast I was gobbling my meal.

KK -- wish I could share a piece of the pumpkin pie with you. It's delicious! Believe me, it's no hardship eating soft food for a few days with those holiday pies around.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

shinyam

#5 Post by shinyam »

I guess you are not planning to recover the bracket? :x

Natasha_26

#6 Post by Natasha_26 »

Dont worry..it wont harm you. 2 days after I got my braces, I swallowed a bracket. I didnt even know that I had done it until I was brushing after the meal. My orthodontist said that it was ok and it doesnt harm the body.

Upper and Lower Ceramics

Wingnut

#7 Post by Wingnut »

Talk about a recycled bracket!

Double EWWWW!

Shelby014

#8 Post by Shelby014 »

.............ewwww, kinda funky :shock: ............thats all i have to say, that little comment left me speechless, and thats saying something............
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]