Goodie Bag

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

noppi

Goodie Bag

#1 Post by noppi »

How many people got goodie bags from their orthodontist? I haven't gotten braces yet (January), but am hoping I will get a good goodie bag because I think Im spending more at this office than I could have spent elsewhere. The ortho didn't mention anything about a goodie bag though. :( What if I don't get one? I would be sad. I saw in another section of this forum that some people got free Sonicare Elite toothbrushes! :shock: Do orthodontists usually give goodie bags? I've heard of some that give them afterwards, but what about before? Should I assume that my ortho is cheapie if I don't get one...I guess I'll be trying to milk all that I can get in wax, cheapie toothbrushes, and chapstick.
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

Rebraced

#2 Post by Rebraced »

I am sure you will get one the day you get your braces put on. I got mine as I got out of the chair. It was full of toothbrushes,toothpaste, wax and all sorts of stuff. The bag even had a smiley face with braces on it lol. Let us know what you get in yours.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

kelly12300

#3 Post by kelly12300 »

I got a goody bag. In mine I had 2 different kinds of wax, some little brushes, a tube of Winnie The Pooh toothpaste ( :? ) umm... some of those tablets that you chew that show the plaque on your teeth and flouride mouthwash. I'm sure there was something else too but I can't remember, it was ages ago! Oh and the bag was a smiley tooth holding a toothbrush
~*~Kelly~*~

Natasha_26

#4 Post by Natasha_26 »

I got a goodie bag too. I got a 4 tooth brushes, tooth paste, emergency kit, electric floss, mirror, wax and even a t-shirt.

Upper and Lower Ceramics

johnnys_angel

#5 Post by johnnys_angel »

Mine had a few toothbrushes, some toothpaste, some flouride (bubblemint), some floss, floss threaders, and disclosing tablets. I agree with KK, even if you don't get much, or even anything, that doesn't mean your ortho is 'cheap'. Good luck :)
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

Evelyn

#6 Post by Evelyn »

I'm kind of hoping that the goodie bag will be better when I get my braces off than when I got them on...let's see, I got a plastic bag with a pamphlet with cartoon characters claiming how important it is to 'work together' with you rorthodontist, and then there were two packets of wax.

It didn't bother me though, I wasn't expecting anything anyway. Maybe I'll actually get something when I get the braces off? Who knows...

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Megera_S

#7 Post by Megera_S »

My stuff didn't even come in a bag, they just handed everything to me :lol:
I got one of those "V" cut toothbrushes, a travel sized toothpaste, a thingie of wax (which the assistant pointed out: "this is a whole years worth" - yeah right! :shock: ), some floss threaders and a sheet about what not to eat.
Four Wisdom Teeth Extracted: January 2000
Lower First Bicuspids Extracted: Nov. 1st, 2005
Braces on: Nov. 24th, 2005
Duration: 24 months

alexa

#8 Post by alexa »

I got a v cut toothbrush, some threaders, one of those bendy little spiral brushes (wow...I'm up on the jargon... :oops: ) with extra brush heads, some wax and a list of things not to eat.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

caryca

#9 Post by caryca »

I wasn’t expecting any thing...but I got, a very handy bag with v tooth brush, a small brush, well not a small but like a 1/3 of a tooth brush (very good to get out food that stuck around molar bands). A set of those small spiral things to brush ‘in between’. A small bottle of mouthwash; superfloss –my favorite thing!! And…I guess that’s all? Wax was separately- I am getting them as much as I want….but after 5,5 months I only used 1,5 box (small one).
I think the goodie bag depends on ‘business plan’ but definitely not on experience
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

drazda

#10 Post by drazda »

Wow, you guys are making me feel bad. All I got was thing of wax and a list of things not to eat.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

jenns91civic

#11 Post by jenns91civic »

Gosh I can't remember everything I got, but it wasn't much. I got a box with a little travel V cut ortho toothbrush, some floss threaders, packet of wax, a couple disclosing tablets, and a little brochure on how to brush. I think that's all it came with. I don't remember getting a sheet on what not to eat but surely I must have.

Debanding I got nothing. I did get one sheet on proper wear/care of retainers when I picked those up, that's it.

Apart from that, I could get wax and all the elastics I ever wanted just by asking for it. We could buy Prevident 5000 plus toothpaste for $10 a tube right there in the office, and got a good deal on Sonicare Pro toothbrushes.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

KJM

#12 Post by KJM »

Same with me drazda :cry: After hearing all the goodies everyone else got I feel really cheated!
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Betty Bat

#13 Post by Betty Bat »

I think I posted my "goodie bag list" on the Dental Do-dads site. All of mine came in a big plastic water bottle. I'm really jealous of everyone who got a Sonicare toothbrush - I got a Crest Spinbrush, which is good (much better than manual) and now I have a Sonicare on my Christmas list.

HollyDontSpend

me too

#14 Post by HollyDontSpend »

I too am jealous of those who got the Sonicare toothbrush! HA! I remember getting a navy blue bag with floss, toothbrushes, threaders, wax, pictures of what your teeth could look like if you don't brush you teeth with braces on, toothpaste, mouthwash, and a care card.

When I got my braces off, I got balloons, a $10 gift certificate to the movies, a free photo session with a photographer, and a sports bottle filled with sticky gooey candy.
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

TuZZi

#15 Post by TuZZi »

When I was first braced, I got a goodie bag with a regular sized ortho toothbrush, 2 packages of wax, a travel sized toothpaste, a proxybrush, some nasty floss threaders I haven't used, and a laminated sheet to hang from the bathroom mirror telling me how to brush my teeth with braces on.

So far, the only other thing I've got free from the ortho is bulk envelopes of wax.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!